What Alfa is it? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut
PLEASE: Keep the bickering and court crap out of the car threads !!!

OK, it appears Mr.O has made his decision, so I have no choice left but for my lawyer to file. There will be no more posts on this matter.

Stu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 touring sp
I don't have any intentions intervene the ague between you to.
But I talked with Mr Luzzago , he gave me an estimate auction price of 58000.00 euro, as I remember it was the same figure that was stated in the official paper with the general auction prices.
With that knowledge Mr Olczyk, I do have great difficulties to understand whey you friend has set this car for sale in an auction , and whey he don't sell trough your shop, when you do expect the price to more that the double.
It is a car without history, with a unknown designer, personal hobby, .
There is lot of similar cars in Italy that is build in a private garage with a design of retro 50.
I look forward to hear what the auction price for that car is. In my eyes overvalued.
The email that I ve send was a email,receive by Luzzago,
No interest to sell a car like this.
Regards
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 12:23 AM

Ban the bum!

I vote to ban the Belgium bum! He is an irritation and a pest. His sole purpose for posting is to fight and run to the courts.

And on the 7th day, he made Alfas....

There are only 10 types of people.... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:00 AM

I'd go further and say ban them both out of the forum
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV-GR
I'd go further and say ban them both out of the forum
I would have to disagree with you there, but don't call your lawyers. The one adds value, never seems to pick a fight and adds a lot of value and help from my observations. On the other hand, the other is here simply to pick a fight and run to his lawyers at the slightest hint of a disagreement. Can't seem to stick up for himself like any man would.

The one knows a lot, and if he doesn't, always adds "I think it is a..." On the other hand the other seems to think he is the world's authority on all things Alfa. He lacks all social graces and does not know how to interact with other humans. Probably the funniest thing he ever said is he claimed to have a "friend". A person like this has no friends, only enemies in different stages of conflict and litigation.

There are only 10 types of people.... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:36 AM

I bet they're both lying and drive Kias anyway....
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Banned

Gentleman, in life, you don t need to have a lots of friends, you just need real one and honnest. That s all.
And concerning Grey GTV6, well, I advice him to reads my posts before posting himself.
Regards
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olczyk
Gentleman, in life, you don t need to have a lots of friends, you just need real one and honnest. That s all.
And concerning Grey GTV6, well, I advice him to reads my posts before posting himself.
Regards
I have seen some of your posts and don't bother with the rest because you add no value at all except to your lawyers bank account. But, by your own admission, you back up my claim that you have no friends. There is noone here who likes you here, or wants you here, so why bother? Don't bother responding because I have more to do in life than fight with misfits like yourself.

post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV-GR
I bet they're both lying and drive Kias anyway....
No, I drive a 2001 Hyundai Accent 4-door GL model with a hotted up engine, KYB Struts and 16x7rimes with Yoko 205x40x16 Parahna tyres.

My wife drives a 2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS

BOTH cars are in my wife's name ONLY.

Stu
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 touring sp
I think its the time for mystery cars, Conrero 2000 barchetta by Ghia. I didn't know of this car, do you by any chance have a possibility to post a picture, please
I saw a few of these turn up in 2001 if I remember correctly. Paul Grant in Belgium used to have one and it was displayed at the Antwerp classic show in the winter of that year. After seeing this car I made a visit to his garage in Brussels (Vanderveken), although the Alfa was not present. There was also a nice Abarth 1300 OT ex Jochen Rindt and an Osca MT4, as well as a rare Apal Porsche and a gorgeous-looking Dino 246. But there was also some cars that I had no respect for - alledgedly a Ferrari 250 LM rebodied by Vaccari after a crash, although it hadn't been driven in ages, was sitting on the wrong wheels and the engine appeared to be from a 330. There was also a Maserati Tipo 151 replica, which was totally out of proportion, and a yellow Ferrari 250 SWB which competed in the Shell Historic although was a replica based off a lesser 250. There was also a non-original Bugatti Type 35 constructed from bits.

I'm not sure of the whereabouts of the Conrero Alfa now, as Grant had a huge garage fire in March 2004 (involving 35 firefighters). When I accidentally bumped into him at Spa later that year, he told me that many cars had been destroyed.

In any case, this was the car. The pics were taken prior to me seeing the car in 2001:

I also noticed a sister Conrero car at the Bonhams auction at the 2001 Essen Technoclassica.

[SIZE="1"][I]"Ho ancora per la nostra Alfa, siatene certi, l’adolescente tenerezza del primo amore, l’affetto immacolato per la mamma!"[/I]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Enzo Ferrari[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 12:19 PM

Thank you, I didn't know that it was a Ghia car. I have seen this on the net, my impression was that it was a Colli car judged from the design of the front.
Thank you for posting the picture
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 04:04 PM

I do like this car [the coupe], and its builder was much more sensitive in his selection of components and style of construction than has been shown by others.

Some quick observations. I like 1900's :

Once again, this is not one of the two Alfa 1900 chassis illustrated in the Gilco book or on their website. It "fails" the first test, in that the engine is not placed far forwards like in the two Gilco chassis, but is [better] moved behind the front crossmember. The crossmember is cut from a standard 1900 unibody, and then welded into the tube frame. This isn't how Gilco, or Alfa, did it. The frame tube configuration is also different from the two Gilco frames [or the C52 frame for that matter].

The engine is probably a 1900 Super, 1975 cc. The accessories suggest that it might be a berlina motor. The cylinder head is: 1/ wonderful 2/ not Conrero, I think.

Conrero made twin plug cylinder heads first for the 1900 and later for his 1500cc Giulietta-based F1 motors, and both long before the GTA.* Difficult, the work of a magician, especially back then.

But the two plug Conrero heads were made differently than this one. And this one started out on a standard Super twin chain motor. Conrero used Ing. Landsberg's TI camshaft profiles, even on his ~150 hp race engines, and these camshafts required the use of the early engine's geared primary drive.

The twin chain motors had a different firing order, and the 102 series "2000" motors and some of the very last 1900 heads had the "1243" cast into the chain housing. The engine appears to be a very late 1900, but then the front brakes are very early 1900.

So there are a few funky details, which mar the impression. And the 105 cam cover bolts gotta go. Etc. ... Etc.

This is not to say that the car is not interesting, even wonderful. And it isn't completely misrepresented by the seller. I'm just trying to clear up some unnecessarily misleading comments printed here, and to add some details that are there to be seen.

--Carter

* The 1900 engine is based on that of the 6C3000 prototype. and the factory 6C3000CM race engines had twin ignition. The relationship between Conrero and Alfa and some of the people at Alfa is ambiguous.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 04:43 PM

Garage
Can you elaborate what made twin-plug heads the work of a magician?

They seemed to be Maserati's strength, especially in the 3500 GT that started production in 1957.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut
Can you elaborate what made twin-plug heads the work of a magician?

They seemed to be Maserati's strength, especially in the 3500 GT that started production in 1957.
The 1900 used an aluminum cylinder head with a single centrally-located spark plug...

but Conrero turned them into twin-plug heads, back when welding cast aluminum was thought by some to be sorcery. Conrero didn't like the Magician tag--he said it wasn't magic, just difficult.

and of course Alfa and others designed and used twin ignition long before 1957. It allows even larger valves and reduces engine ignition advance requirements in wide angle hemi heads...

--Carter
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:21 PM

And Now For Something Different....

I'll say one thing for the coupe that no one else has said in this thread- I think it's the best-looking hardtop Alfa wearing wires I've ever seen. I do wonder, though, in light of the possible selling prices mentioned, why they don't have some rubber wrapped around the spare ... wheel ... (it's not really a spare tire if it doesn't have a tire on it, is it?).

Kenneth

Curmudgeon
"A pessimist ain't nothing but an optimist with a lot of life experience."
1984 GTV6 in AR 530 "Rosso".
1974 Spider in 1997-2003 Ferrari "Rosso Corsa" (hey, it's what it was wearing when I bought it).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode