Source of Alfa News Letter scans on web - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Source of Alfa News Letter scans on web

See following posts re these sites that I now have deleted from this post.

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
ex- 1965 GTA, RHD, Corsa, Trans/Am 66-72
1964 Sprint GT, B-Sedan in 70's
1970 Giulia Super (CDN Spec)
1976 1600 GTj (Italian Spec)
1966 Harley Sprint (Aermacchi) 250
2000 Catalina 320, Hull #765 Northern Dream
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i

Last edited by kengta; 11-29-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: See below
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM

So following the first link, downloaded an edition at random (May 1977) and was immediately reminded of what a wonderful resource Alfa Owner was in the pre-internet days. Yes, even for those of us downunder.

And of course there is the obligatory if-only add:

FOR SALE: 1967 GTA junior.
Rolled over. Damaged roof and
right rear quarter. Straight
chassis. Ron Neal engine with
only four races on it. Sliding
block, Campagnolas, etc. Have
new windows plus most street
equipment. This is a fast, competitive
car. 1975 and 1976 NY
state road racing championships
and 1976 PA hillclimb champion.
It would make a great restoration
or pound it out and race it.
I've bought another Alfa. $2,750.
Might sell less engine or take interesting,
good running, trade.

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bshorey Send a message via MSN to bshorey Send a message via Yahoo to bshorey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengta View Post
Maybe I'm late to the game, but I just found this site with at least partially interactive scans of the USA ALFA OWNER and other news letters and other stuff.

Index of /newsletters/AlfaOwner

Index of /newsletters

Index of /alfa/

Enjoy

Ken
Pissa. The hard work of another member of this site and myself, ripped off without even so much as a mention as to where it came from.

Sigh..

bs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshorey View Post
Pissa. The hard work of another member of this site and myself, ripped off without even so much as a mention as to where it came from.

Sigh..

bs
Gee, Brian that's a bummer. Shall I delete this link in favour of yours. Happy to do so

Regards

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Source of Alfa Newsletters Scans on Web

Quote:

Sigh..

bs
I knew the indexes were available, but not the whole magazine. Am I correct, that you or someone else has reported the site since I'm getting 404 errors? If not, I'll be happy to forge forward under copyright and have it shut down as I've done with some of the others.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
I don't know how far you'll get. The website has an "it" extension. So, it's in Italy.

You can do a whois search and find the owner of the site.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
I knew the indexes were available, but not the whole magazine. Am I correct, that you or someone else has reported the site since I'm getting 404 errors? If not, I'll be happy to forge forward under copyright and have it shut down as I've done with some of the others.
Hi Cheryl, 1 now get 404 under second link but first get 404 under individual items and third just worked for me. The 2nd link as well as linking to the Owner scans linked to some individual chapter news letters but can't find that now.

I await Brian's wishes.

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i

Last edited by kengta; 11-29-2012 at 01:55 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bshorey Send a message via MSN to bshorey Send a message via Yahoo to bshorey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengta View Post
Hi Cheryl, 1 now get 404 under second link but first and third just worked for me. the 2nd link as well as linking to the Owner scans linked to some individual chapter news letters but can't find that now.

I await Brian's wishes.

Ken
To All,

I've actually been in contact with the owner of the site, and he's hidden them. Very nice gent, No need to get nasty. Thank goodness. Sorry for that, but read on.

Another member of this BB and myself have been working on a little project (the other gent actually has a lot more time invested than I do). The goal is ultimately to make all of this stuff available through AROC, but we need to figure it all out with them before we know the best way to make things available. I think I pinged Brewster at a bad time (during the latest transition?), so I'll get cracking again with the current leadership.

Yes, there is a boatload of great stuff in those old Owners. Being able to look at them in electronic, searchable form is quite amazing.

Stay tuned,

bs
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
To All,

I've actually been in contact with the owner of the site, and he's hidden them. Very nice gent, No need to get nasty. Thank goodness. Sorry for that, but read on.

Another member of this BB and myself have been working on a little project (the other gent actually has a lot more time invested than I do). The goal is ultimately to make all of this stuff available through AROC, but we need to figure it all out with them before we know the best way to make things available. I think I pinged Brewster at a bad time (during the latest transition?), so I'll get cracking again with the current leadership.

Yes, there is a boatload of great stuff in those old Owners. Being able to look at them in electronic, searchable form is quite amazing.

Stay tuned,

bs
Hi Brian, I had a chance to look at a few of those owners yesterday and found some good old GTA stuff so can't wait to have further access available

Great job. BTW Andrew made me aware of both your efforts earlier today.

Ciao

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM

Source of Alfa Newsletter Scans on the Web

Quote:
To All,

Stay tuned,

bs
Thanks Brian, for making contact with the offender. BTW, was your "nasty" statement in reference to defending copyright and having illegally obtained material removed from e-Bay and Picassa, which myself and others believe was the proper thing to do?

I've found it much easier to get offending/negligent medical personnel fired than the boatload of paperwork required by e-Bay and Picassa to comply with my copyright infringement request; but, once completed it was removed promptly.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Last edited by Pat Braden; 11-29-2012 at 04:20 PM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
Thanks Brian, for making contact with the offender. BTW, was your "nasty" statement in reference to defending copyright and having illegally obtained material removed from e-Bay and Picassa, which myself and others believe was the proper thing to do?

I've found it much easier to get offending/negligent medical personnel fired than the boatload of paperwork required by e-Bay and Picassa to comply with my copyright infringement request; but, once completed it was removed promptly.
No, I was just trying to point out that the owner of that site seems like a good guy, responded quickly, and we don't need to be sending any knuckle crackers in his direction.

For what it's worth, I've posted stuff once or twice that I probably shouldn't have, so I'm not trying to claim any moral high ground here. Just want to make sure that AROC is properly involved in how this all ends up being made available.

bs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode