Giuseppe Busso and his role in Alfa's history - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 04:15 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Pershyn View Post
My source is Nel Cuore dell'Alfa written by Busso. Autobiography. He described his life and all his projects in Alfa.

Except V6.
Interesting and strange. Especially since the front cover is a 2.5 v6 cross section in original 12 valve form! Why would he use that drawing for his autobiography cover if it was not an important personal achievement (and it was, arguably the best production petrol engine ever produced by anybody or any manufacturer).

Also see this link regarding your source book Libro NEL CUORE DELL'ALFA , Giuseppe Busso and watch the video. Now I, unfortunately, cannot speak or understand Italian, but the video ends with a v6 on a dyno ...
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 08:21 AM

Yes, Pete, you are right 6C 12 valves is on the cover

By the way in the book you can find info about Wankel engine development (planned to use on central engine Scarabeo II rally version), Montreal, Alfetta/Alfasud, 152 or Scarabeo and NOTHING about V6 (mentioned twice in a small paragraph about Alfa 6). This is very strange

P.S. The video was made by AROC Alfissima club and officially not related to the book.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 07:47 AM

Another weird revisionism attempt?

The design of the V6 started as soon as 1967, and the Alfa 6 was ready for market in 1973-74. Delayed because of oil crisis. Check your text books!

If you doubt ALL EXISTING BOOKS and studies on the matter, I can testify that 12 years ago I interviewed Filippo Surace and Domenico Chirico. Surace, in the research department in the early 70s, told me at length how much headache the V6 gave him when having to deal, among other, with the transverse push rod for the exhaust valve comand, whose steel had dilatation issues wrt. the aluminium of the heads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtv2000 View Post
Another weird revisionism attempt?

The design of the V6 started as soon as 1967, and the Alfa 6 was ready for market in 1973-74. Delayed because of oil crisis. Check your text books!

If you doubt ALL EXISTING BOOKS and studies on the matter, I can testify that 12 years ago I interviewed Filippo Surace and Domenico Chirico. Surace, in the research department in the early 70s, told me at length how much headache the V6 gave him when having to deal, among other, with the transverse push rod for the exhaust valve comand, whose steel had dilatation issues wrt. the aluminium of the heads.
I know about V6 2.2 and 1750 berlina with V6 with reinforced Giulia gearbox

gtv2000, could you answer, please, was V6 designed by ing. Busso?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 09:02 AM

YES.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtv2000 View Post
YES.

gtv2000, it does mean you have some evidence that allow you to make a positive conclusion.

Could you share your thoughts, probably documents or historical facts.

Please
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 07:11 PM

Garage
Very interesting thread, Thank You!

1971 Alfa Romeo Montreal, 1972 BMW 2002tii Alpina A4S, 1971 Triumph TR6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode