Wanted Papajam's "All In One" files - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Papajam's "All In One" files

The last couple of days I've been wondering what could be done to keep sharing all of the things that Jim scanned over the years. I know he sent files and CD/DVDs to many folks over the years.

Papajam's "All In One" would be instruction books, technical specifications, part manuals, shop manuals, tool bulletins, etc. For now, I only want to gather large groups of files that he sent to a single person.

I would like to start gathering those files from folks who got them from Jim so that I or someone else could distribute them. I am only interested in the Alfa Romeo publications. So, if you have them, I would like to have them. It should be fairly straight forward to upload them to Dropbox. So, if you have some, please PM me and we'll get things going.

Thank you.

UPDATE: January 23 2019

I have received the following from several very helpful folks:

1750 GTV/Spider
1973 Spider (USA)
1986-1988 Spider (USA)
Alfetta (USA)
Giulia 1600
GT 1300-1600 Junior

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ossodiseppia; 01-23-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 01:34 PM

Osso you mean there isn’t a repository already with the motherload? Sorry just confused about the ask.

1973 GT Jr.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
The repository is on his computer. I want to gather up what I can to share with folks until such time as the repository finds a new home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:37 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Brian,
Thank you for your efforts, they are admired by all here on the board!

"No chance, no destiny, no fate can circumvent, change or control the firm resolve of a determined soul"

73 Spider
80 BMW e21(Sold, gone to Houston)
79 Spider (sold)
78 Spider (sold, gone to U K)
Greg
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:03 AM
Gold Subscriber

files

Brian,

Ideally, we need a drop location to transmit LARGE files because our email may not allow attachments of size. The 1750 file Jim sent me was over 1TB! That said, I can send you multiple smaller files, if you want to start there. I will email you.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapppa View Post
Brian,

Ideally, we need a drop location to transmit LARGE files because our email may not allow attachments of size. The 1750 file Jim sent me was over 1TB! That said, I can send you multiple smaller files, if you want to start there. I will email you.
Thanks, Paul. I have DropBox. I also have 8TB of storage on my home server. Files can easily be moved from Server to Dropbox.
DrEntropy likes this.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 07:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Jim very kindly send me big a lot of files for my Giulia ('Giulia TI, TI Super & Super, incl 1300')ef and Junior ('GT 1300 & 1600 Junior'), as well as a pdf with tool bulletins a few years ago, I'll send you an e-mail with a link.

Tim
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:49 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Will these be accumulated for giving for free or for sale and by whom? Papajam did it as a labor of love.
Austin Alfa likes this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Will these be accumulated for giving for free or for sale and by whom? Papajam did it as a labor of love.
No love, but for free! Until such time that Jaci and or AROC get up and running, I'm happy to distribute. But, I need files to do it.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 05:15 PM

Good on ya! Ossodiseppia!!
Great idea!!
PapaJam is an AlfaTreasure!!
Preserving his work/resource will be a service for generations of Alfasti to come!!
Wishing you every success in this project!!
Paul
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:15 AM
Platinum Subscriber

You talk to his wife? She was aware of how valuable he was to the Alfa community, and how much stuff he had. I'd assume someone's talking to her about that stuff. He was AROC librarian, so in theory it might be the club's stuff.
She chimed in on the thread when he died, you can probably get her there.
Andrew
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
You talk to his wife? She was aware of how valuable he was to the Alfa community, and how much stuff he had. I'd assume someone's talking to her about that stuff. He was AROC librarian, so in theory it might be the club's stuff.
She chimed in on the thread when he died, you can probably get her there.
Andrew
I have been in contact with Jaci. To me, the club stuff is unimportant at this point in time. She has enough on her plate right now.

I started this thread to try and gather what he's sent out. I've only gotten a few replies.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Gold Subscriber

101.18 All-in-One

Hi ossodiseppia, I just saw this thread. It might be duplicative of what you already have for a 1600 Giulia, but if it would be helpful I can upload Papajam's All-in-One for a Giulia Spider Veloce that he sent me in 2014. Its 1.22GB in size. I don't have enough posts to PM, so could you PM me your Dropbox link? Thanks.

1959 Giulietta Sprint
1964 Giulia Spider Veloce
1974 GTV 2000
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:57 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Have about a 1/2 dozen wiring diagrams from Jim.
Brian PM me and I'll send them to you.
On a different computer. Do it tomorrow.

John

AlfasRule!

1972 Montreal (The Pumpkin)
1975 Alfetta Sedan
1975 Alfetta Coupe Race Car
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
1987 Milano (Da NEW Winta Beata)
1987 Milano Verde(Da kREDden Mobile)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:01 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Have about a 1/2 dozen wiring diagrams from Jim.
Brian PM me and I'll send them to you.
On a different computer. Do it tomorrow.

John

AlfasRule!

1972 Montreal (The Pumpkin)
1975 Alfetta Sedan
1975 Alfetta Coupe Race Car
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
1987 Milano (Da NEW Winta Beata)
1987 Milano Verde(Da kREDden Mobile)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode