Wanted '65 Giulia 1600 Ti documents - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By papajam
  • 1 Post By ossodiseppia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
'65 Giulia 1600 Ti documents

We're starting restoration of a lovely Bluette 1600 Ti sedan.

Does anyone perhaps have an original owner's manual and/or parts catalogue for sale?
Attached Images

Jannes
'64 Giulia 1600 Ti, '66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce, '70 1750 GTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Gold Subscriber

I don't have what you are looking for, but agree the car is lovely and appears well worthy of a restoration. Please keep us updated on how it turns out.

Bill Maloney

1969 Giulia Super Biscione
2017 Giulia TI AWD
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakingthrough View Post
I don't have what you are looking for, but agree the car is lovely and appears well worthy of a restoration. Please keep us updated on how it turns out.
Thank you Bill. Yes, I may well start a thread to document the process. Judging by Fusi records it appears as if only about 4500 RHD 105.09 cars were ever built. It think that would definitely make her worth saving.

Looks Iike I may have try eBay for the documents I'm looking for..

Jannes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloceRosso View Post
We're starting restoration of a lovely Bluette 1600 Ti sedan.

Does anyone perhaps have an original owner's manual and/or parts catalogue for sale?
Hi Jannes,
I do have a copy of a full works spareparts catalog. there are over 600 pages. I assume its complete but I am not certain about that. I copied it many years ago from an Alfa Romeo dealer.
I'm asking US125 for it,
It weighs close to 6 lbs without shipping box. Shipping will coast you about US120. I can tell you exactly when I have your address.

Please PM me at ralandman (at) G-mail for photo's

Kind regards,
Rob

No more Alfa's for now, maybe one more in the near future.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtechno View Post

Hi Jannes,
I do have a copy of a full works spareparts catalog. there are over 600 pages. I assume its complete but I am not certain about that. I copied it many years ago from an Alfa Romeo dealer.
I'm asking US125 for it,
It weighs close to 6 lbs without shipping box. Shipping will coast you about US120. I can tell you exactly when I have your address.

Please PM me at ralandman (at) G-mail for photo's

Kind regards,
Rob
Hi Rob

Sent you an email.

Thanks

Jannes
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 04:24 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
I'm not sure which of these is appropriate for your car. The second one is probably more for the 67 models. That first one has a publication date of 1963. Contact @papajam to see which one is appropriate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Alfa-R...QB0K:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-...py89:rk:9:pf:0

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
I'm not sure which of these is appropriate for your car. The second one is probably more for the 67 models. That first one has a publication date of 1963. Contact @papajam to see which one is appropriate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Alfa-R...QB0K:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-...py89:rk:9:pf:0
Thank you Brian. I wasn't aware of the different versions.

Jannes
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 03:05 AM

Garage
Definitely worth restoring. Here's what we did with my '63 (originally a 1600 Ti) from South Africa. Always wanted a Ti Super, so decided to make a good rep.
Now has fresh, breathed on 2 litre, reconditioned box, lsd axle & 2 ltr ATE discs all round, Koni suspension, Harvey Bailey handling kit, TZ alloys, a proper hoot to drive, so dynamic.
Since these pics were taken, correct dash mounted lights, wipers & instument lamp switch, correct dash mounted ignition switch fitted, and correct early steering column shroud also. :-
Attached Images

GTA R
1963 Giulia Ti Super Rep

Last edited by GTA R; 12-21-2018 at 08:10 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Quote:
Thank you Brian. I wasn't aware of the different versions.
There are actually a lot more versions than these plus many of them have revisions/supplements to each version. So much so it can make your head spin!

After some research, and without the benefit of knowing the publication numbers, it would appear that the yellow cover parts manual linked above stating a date of 1963 is too early and the blue cover version parts manual is too late. The most applicable parts manual that I found, in my opinion, would be publication number 1101 issued 12/65. This English language parts manual is specific to the Giulia TI (and sports a (faded) red title page BTW).

For a user manual (owner's, instruction, etc), one needs to be aware that, unlike today, a new manual was not issued with each new model year vehicle. In fact, there were no specific model years back then. There was a year of manufacture, a year first sold or a year first titled any one of which might be listed as the 'model year' on an official document. So the same user manual might be used for a number of years until either changes in the vehicle warranted a supplement to that user manual or, an entire new manual was issued.
Such is the case with a 1965 Giulia TI. The English language manual that most likely came with the vehicle was publication 959 dated 1/64. A supplement to this manual, #1191, was then issued in 7/66 while the next all new manual was issued in 10/66 under publication #1204.
Of course, Italian, German and French language equivalents of these manuals were published on differing dates.

Until you can find paper hardcopies of these manuals, I can supply you with digital versions. Just private message me your email address and I'll make it happen.
VeloceRosso likes this.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 09:46 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I've got an owner's manual I'm sending to him.
Andrew
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I've got an owner's manual I'm sending to him.
Andrew
Yes, thank you very much again Andrew.
For this particular project I’ll need original documents in addition to copies.

Jannes
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 05:58 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
QUOTE=papajam;8353162]There are actually a lot more versions than these plus many of them have revisions/supplements to each version. So much so it can make your head spin![/QUOTE]

The Librarian has come though with the proper information!

Quote:
Yes, thank you very much again Andrew.
For this particular project Ill need original documents in addition to copies.
I am happy to see folks who see the value of original documentation. Hopefully, you'll be able to locate some original manuals.

Franco Luperini is a manual collector/reseller. He has a website with a database that should have current inventory. This stuff was plentiful when I met him 25 years ago. Now, it's much more difficult to find original manuals. Franco is as honest as they come and a true gentleman. Unless something has changed, he doesn't speak English.

Franco Luperini - Owner's manual of cars and motorcycles

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 07:33 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
You're already provided with an owners manual I see. For anyone else looking for one, be sure to check subito and kijiji, loads off them on there. As mentioned Franco Luperini has pretty much anything, at a price though...

By the way, FCA have started reprinting them, though I much prefer an original example.

https://www.fcaheritage.com/en-uk/shop/owner-handbooks

Tim
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 07:47 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalino1300 View Post
You're already provided with an owners manual I see. For anyone else looking for one, be sure to check subito and kijiji, loads off them on there. As mentioned Franco Luperini has pretty much anything, at a price though...

By the way, FCA have started reprinting them, though I much prefer an original example.

https://www.fcaheritage.com/en-uk/shop/owner-handbooks
Which reminds me about the reprints. All of the original manuals, no matter how perfect they are have an old smell to them. When i was shopping for manuals in Imola in 1997, one vendor opened the manual and stuck his nose in it. He took a big long sniff. New ones smell new and old ones smell old.
Scalino1300 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode