Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   Alfa Romeo Collectibles, Literature & Manuals For Sale & Wanted (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-collectibles-literature-manuals-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: '65 Giulia 1600 Ti documents (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-collectibles-literature-manuals-sale-wanted/672208-65-giulia-1600-ti-documents.html)

VeloceRosso 12-06-2018 11:44 AM

'65 Giulia 1600 Ti documents
 
1 Attachment(s)
We're starting restoration of a lovely Bluette 1600 Ti sedan.

Does anyone perhaps have an original owner's manual and/or parts catalogue for sale?

shakingthrough 12-07-2018 08:09 AM

I don't have what you are looking for, but agree the car is lovely and appears well worthy of a restoration. Please keep us updated on how it turns out.

VeloceRosso 12-09-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakingthrough (Post 8347338)
I don't have what you are looking for, but agree the car is lovely and appears well worthy of a restoration. Please keep us updated on how it turns out.

Thank you Bill. Yes, I may well start a thread to document the process. Judging by Fusi records it appears as if only about 4500 RHD 105.09 cars were ever built. It think that would definitely make her worth saving.

Looks Iike I may have try eBay for the documents I'm looking for..

robtechno 12-20-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloceRosso (Post 8347026)
We're starting restoration of a lovely Bluette 1600 Ti sedan.

Does anyone perhaps have an original owner's manual and/or parts catalogue for sale?

Hi Jannes,
I do have a copy of a full works spareparts catalog. there are over 600 pages. I assume its complete but I am not certain about that. I copied it many years ago from an Alfa Romeo dealer.
I'm asking US125 for it,
It weighs close to 6 lbs without shipping box. Shipping will coast you about US120. I can tell you exactly when I have your address.

Please PM me at ralandman (at) G-mail for photo's

Kind regards,
Rob

VeloceRosso 12-20-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robtechno (Post 8352888)

Hi Jannes,
I do have a copy of a full works spareparts catalog. there are over 600 pages. I assume its complete but I am not certain about that. I copied it many years ago from an Alfa Romeo dealer.
I'm asking US125 for it,
It weighs close to 6 lbs without shipping box. Shipping will coast you about US120. I can tell you exactly when I have your address.

Please PM me at ralandman (at) G-mail for photo's

Kind regards,
Rob

Hi Rob

Sent you an email.

Thanks

ossodiseppia 12-20-2018 04:24 PM

I'm not sure which of these is appropriate for your car. The second one is probably more for the 67 models. That first one has a publication date of 1963. Contact @papajam to see which one is appropriate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Alfa-R...QB0K:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-...py89:rk:9:pf:0

VeloceRosso 12-20-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossodiseppia (Post 8352944)
I'm not sure which of these is appropriate for your car. The second one is probably more for the 67 models. That first one has a publication date of 1963. Contact @papajam to see which one is appropriate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Alfa-R...QB0K:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-...py89:rk:9:pf:0

Thank you Brian. I wasn't aware of the different versions.

GTA R 12-21-2018 03:05 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Definitely worth restoring. Here's what we did with my '63 (originally a 1600 Ti) from South Africa. Always wanted a Ti Super, so decided to make a good rep.
Now has fresh, breathed on 2 litre, reconditioned box, lsd axle & 2 ltr ATE discs all round, Koni suspension, Harvey Bailey handling kit, TZ alloys, a proper hoot to drive, so dynamic.
Since these pics were taken, correct dash mounted lights, wipers & instument lamp switch, correct dash mounted ignition switch fitted, and correct early steering column shroud also. :-

papajam 12-21-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloceRosso (Post 8352998)
Thank you Brian. I wasn't aware of the different versions.

There are actually a lot more versions than these plus many of them have revisions/supplements to each version. So much so it can make your head spin!

After some research, and without the benefit of knowing the publication numbers, it would appear that the yellow cover parts manual linked above stating a date of 1963 is too early and the blue cover version parts manual is too late. The most applicable parts manual that I found, in my opinion, would be publication number 1101 issued 12/65. This English language parts manual is specific to the Giulia TI (and sports a (faded) red title page BTW).

For a user manual (owner's, instruction, etc), one needs to be aware that, unlike today, a new manual was not issued with each new model year vehicle. In fact, there were no specific model years back then. There was a year of manufacture, a year first sold or a year first titled any one of which might be listed as the 'model year' on an official document. So the same user manual might be used for a number of years until either changes in the vehicle warranted a supplement to that user manual or, an entire new manual was issued.
Such is the case with a 1965 Giulia TI. The English language manual that most likely came with the vehicle was publication 959 dated 1/64. A supplement to this manual, #1191, was then issued in 7/66 while the next all new manual was issued in 10/66 under publication #1204.
Of course, Italian, German and French language equivalents of these manuals were published on differing dates.

Until you can find paper hardcopies of these manuals, I can supply you with digital versions. Just private message me your email address and I'll make it happen.

Andrew 12-21-2018 09:46 AM

I've got an owner's manual I'm sending to him.
Andrew

VeloceRosso 12-21-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew (Post 8353188)
I've got an owner's manual I'm sending to him.
Andrew

Yes, thank you very much again Andrew.
For this particular project I’ll need original documents in addition to copies.

ossodiseppia 12-22-2018 05:58 AM

QUOTE=papajam;8353162]There are actually a lot more versions than these plus many of them have revisions/supplements to each version. So much so it can make your head spin![/QUOTE]

The Librarian has come though with the proper information!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloceRosso (Post 8353196)
Yes, thank you very much again Andrew.
For this particular project Iíll need original documents in addition to copies.

I am happy to see folks who see the value of original documentation. Hopefully, you'll be able to locate some original manuals.

Franco Luperini is a manual collector/reseller. He has a website with a database that should have current inventory. This stuff was plentiful when I met him 25 years ago. Now, it's much more difficult to find original manuals. Franco is as honest as they come and a true gentleman. Unless something has changed, he doesn't speak English.

Franco Luperini - Owner's manual of cars and motorcycles

Scalino1300 12-22-2018 07:33 AM

You're already provided with an owners manual I see. For anyone else looking for one, be sure to check subito and kijiji, loads off them on there. As mentioned Franco Luperini has pretty much anything, at a price though...

By the way, FCA have started reprinting them, though I much prefer an original example.

https://www.fcaheritage.com/en-uk/shop/owner-handbooks

ossodiseppia 12-22-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scalino1300 (Post 8353572)
You're already provided with an owners manual I see. For anyone else looking for one, be sure to check subito and kijiji, loads off them on there. As mentioned Franco Luperini has pretty much anything, at a price though...

By the way, FCA have started reprinting them, though I much prefer an original example.

https://www.fcaheritage.com/en-uk/shop/owner-handbooks

Which reminds me about the reprints. All of the original manuals, no matter how perfect they are have an old smell to them. When i was shopping for manuals in Imola in 1997, one vendor opened the manual and stuck his nose in it. He took a big long sniff. New ones smell new and old ones smell old.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002-2011 AlfaBB.com All Rights Reserved.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome