Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Vintage Alfa Romeo Sign

For Sale 
16K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Alfoonery 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this in 1976 and have had it ever since. I'm selling it for $1,700.

There are some scratches here and there, from the age, and the backlights and cover are not there. Recently I used a neon light on the wall, hung the Alfa sign right in front of it and it looked beautiful!

Below is a pic of my old restoration garage, over 7,000 square feet, and you can see the Vintage Alfa Sign and how big it is (original size for the dealers - approx 55 inches wide and 55 inches high)

Serious buyers can call.

Best,
Bruno

eight zero five-241-0250

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
That's right. A brand new - still in the crate - double sided, lighted, six foot in diameter sold on Ebay for $2400.00 about three years ago. Never been been taken out of the crate. It was big. It was in Connecticut. I bid $900.00.

The signs came two feet, three feet, five feet and six feet in diameter. They were single and double sided, for pole mount, chain mount, and wall mount. They were sold to the dealers in an aluminum case with florescent lights inside. There were replacement "plastic" available to fix damaged units.
The complete unit was really nice. There are also old plastic signs that had the cross and serpent in high detail - old fashion emblem. I'd like to have one of those.

#4 ·
Wow never though they were worth that much. Mine is in my Pool Room and the other half is hanging in my garage. Quite the light. Mine is a smaller one think it's only 3ft.

#5 ·
One sold in Seattle recently for $500.

#10 ·
I do not think most people realize that when Alfa blew out its North American stock on its way out of our market, you could buy this sign in the round configuration double sided with fixture or the rectangle version from the dealer (along with all sorts of other stuff). In the crate from the dealer the round was $300 and the rectangle was $400. I bought the round and my freind Jim Allen bought the rectangle.

I have watched the prices on these over the years. The rectangle seldoms comes to market. The round appears from time to time, usually one side without the fixture for $400 - $500. I can not emphaze enought the complete signs with the fixure are not small and are quite heavy. The round in the crate was close to 6 feet tall and two feet wide. I remember bringing it home from the dealer in the back of my pickup. The only practical way I could anchor it was standing up. Ah those memories of para-gluiding home on the Ventura freeway......

The repro sign in the Milano configuration is available from Classic Alfa in a much more manageble configuration and at a reasonable price.

Alfoonery

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.