Help find a car for import please/info? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jim G

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Help find a car for import please/info?

Hello all,

Would anyone be so kind as to shed any light on how I may be able to import an Alfa gtv coupe or spider (preferably 2.0 twin spark) to USA?

I have seen many for sale over the years on ebay and some in the US and Canada apparently able to be imported to the US.

Did Alfa actually manufacture these cars at some point exclusively for Canadian consumption? (1995 forward manufacture dates)

Every inquiry thus far on a Canadian car for sale I have reached out to thus far states the car was imported from Asia (??).

A colleague on the general AlfaBB forum states that some 1995-1996 cars that came to Canada were actually stamped/certified to meet US emissions and safety standards with US vin numbers for they were slated to come stateside just before Alfa pulled out of the US market.

I have decided life is too short to not drive what I love so I would really like to find a solution to this!

Thanks so much in advance!

Adam in Dallas.

Dallas Tx.Currently: 87 Milano platinum 3.0. and 96 Spider 2.0ts. Previously Owned:'79 Alfetta GT,'80 Lancia Zagato, 86 Gtv6, 87 Spider Veloce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Update-
from research I have confirmed-
Alfa indeed did sell a batch of 1995-1997 gtv and gtv spiders to Canadian market as new that actually had US EPA and DOT standards met- these cars were stamped on door sills or under hood as such.
Anyone know of a good resource to search for such cars available for sale?
Any input would be hugely appreciated- I'm ready to buy one.

Thank you.

Dallas Tx.Currently: 87 Milano platinum 3.0. and 96 Spider 2.0ts. Previously Owned:'79 Alfetta GT,'80 Lancia Zagato, 86 Gtv6, 87 Spider Veloce.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
All the ones I've seen for sale have appeared on ebay, ebay canada, Alfabb and other places that are selling cars. As I said in the other thread. Have the seller emial you a picture on the vin tag on the drivers door jamb.

It will say it meets U.S. emissions etc. also the vin should start with ZAR
adamreed31 likes this.

1969 1750 Spider Veloce w/dual webers, 1969 1750 Berlina, 1971 1750 Spider Veloce w/ dual webers, 1985 Spider Veloce 23,000 orig. miles, {Two} 1986 Spider Veloces, 1987 Spider Veloce bought new, 1988 Quadrifoglio, 1991 164S, Plus several more. I think they are breeding.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I just got 2 more. Now I have a Matta. I must be crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thank you Jim. just spoke with the president of Canadian alfa club as well. The story of these 'legal' cars apparently has layers...lol....will keep digging!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode