One repaint (the original color)
348 Ferrari seats with new leather
New Wilton II carpet
Engine rebuilt 10k miles ago
Tires and brakes fairly new
Runs and drives
94k miles
VIDEO AVAILABLE: Let me know if you want the link
MORE PICS: Let me know if you want more pics..please specify which car since I have others for sale presently

PRICE: $8900 obo Free delivery in So. Cal. areas

CONTACT: Ron Miller 714-271-2141 (temp. cell)...or 714-757-8437 ok to call me until midnight (Pacific time)
Out of State and out of Country references available upon request

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
build date is 9/80..I attached a few pics of the tags on the door jamb and the numbers stamped on the firewall. Do you know where the block stamps are to ID the size of the engine?? Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Spica??thanks, Ron

Attachments

#8 ·
Andrew is correct, in 1980 and 1981, Alfa went to a single throttle body for the SPICA. The air intake is on the left side - air enters the air cleaner. Then it's routed across the top rear of the motor via a thick rubber oval hose. It enters a plenium, then goes to the throttle body via rubber couplings. Air leaves the throttle body and enters the intake manifold, where it has four ports leading to the intake on the head.

I know a lot about this system - I've taken my 1980 Spider apart many times.

One thing I do know, this isn't the first time I've seen a "normal" four throttle body pre 1980 system on a 1981 Spider. I wonder if this is a Canadian set up?

Here's the single throttle body air intake: Alfa for Sale
Here's the older system: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/alfa-romeo/spider/2028536.html

#9 ·
Far as I know from Craig Morningstar, Canadian market cars after 1969 were handled right along with US market cars. I can't imagine once Alfa had engineered the single throat system, the purpose of which was to add EGR and resulting lower emissions, they would have made a parallel older system just for Canada. How many cars would they sell there? Just my sense, I don't know this firsthand.

My guess, very easy to backdate the Spica with an earlier engine assembly or just bolt it on.

Andrew

#10 ·
Andrew is correct. Spica was first introduced in Canada in 1969. I still see some 1750 Duetto's, GTV's and Berlina's of 1969 model years with Spica systems still intact. (Canada also had the option for carbureated 1969 models). 1981 model year Spiders in Canada came stock with the mono-farfalla (single throttle) Spica injection system. We currently have a 1980 build year Spider with the older multi-port system, as original. Seeing a 1981 Spider with Mono-farfalla systems in Canada is quite rare now, as most would have been swapped out for the older systems or to carbs, as Ontario did not have any strict emission laws, so this was easy to do, as parts were more available from older Alfas. And also along with the swap, would be a change from the original 4 to 1 exhaust manifold to the 4 to 2 older manifold. I would presume that this particular Spiders Spica was backdated.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.