Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Spotted a RHD Giulia Super for sale

For Sale 
2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  GoldCloverLeaf 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Looks like my 526A engine is for a '69 Super according to the Fusi docs posted elsewhere on this forum. I can see why numbers matching engines for early coupes are highly regarded considering the prices they go for these days. I'm not a stickler for originality myself, but i can appreciate why some people are.

I hope the Super on ebay gets the restoration it deserves, they are pretty thin on the ground over here. I'd be surprised if there was more than 25 currently on the road in Australia.

#10 ·
Agreed the Supers are harder to find in Australia these days. So many chopped up to be donors for coupes. I am guilty on that regard too back in the day. Would be good if Australia had an easy way of doing a count of registered classics.

The Super appreciation society continues to grow though! I do my bit flashing photos of my car around on Instagram!

#17 ·
Ok, i got a detailed reply from Barry, great guy. He's been busy with the VIC Alfa Club newsletters lately but will likely revive / update the registry in due course.

There are approx 300 known Giulia sedans in Australia, this is going back quite a few years now and includes complete basket cases, some which may no longer exist, at least in any recogniseable form. He thinks my guess of 25 on the road would be as good a guess as any, definitely less than 50 anyway. Hard to believe so many potential restoration projects are tucked away, maybe this will start to change with rising values, better supply of body panels etc.

The record attendance of Giulia sedans at any one event has been 14 (!) at Spettacolo in VIC a couple years back, otherwise only around 6 or so have ever turned up to Auto Italia annually. I have been to Auto Italia on a couple occasions when there has only been 1 or 2 on display.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.