Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1985 GTV6

For Sale 
16K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Roy Malik 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I have decided to part with my 1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6

Here are the details

Rust free, original paint, three owner Bay Area car. Clean Title. 142K miles.

Garaged its entire life and always loved by an Alfa enthusiast. Maintenance records date back to 1992

Everything on the car works as should.

Leather seats are in perfect condition.

Major service completed at 125K miles including Timing Belt change, New Exhaust and all fluids.

New tires on New aftermarket “Ronal” replica wheels. Original Campagnolo wheels are also included.

New bluetooth stereo. Louvers are removable

Shifts through all gears fine. Syncro could be replaced or drive as is.

Will pass Smog.

$16,000

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Beautiful GTV6. How does the driver seat side bolster look? Wasn’t in the seat picture and figured those looking would like to know.

GLWS!

#6 ·
Not often we see one as original as this - even including the funky high US ride height in the front, and non-collapsed front bumpers. Tropic-Air (fix that evap mounting please!).

As much as I love those Ronals, the Campy's are the ones to have in my opinion, for a car this stock.

GLWS - it's a beauty!

Joe

#9 ·
I had two that were mechanically great at 140k+ but that was about the time that the rust got too bad to fix. That was in the early to mid 90s when the cars were not worth much.

#8 ·
I'd say given the difficulty of finding fine examples, the price is quite fair even for the milage. There's really not that many GTV6's around anymore that are roadworthy and don't have rust. Plus, at 140k miles, all the kinks have been worked out (or so we can hope).

GLWS!

#10 ·
It defintely is one of the better original GTV6's I have seen on the market lately. Who cares about the mileage, I wouldn't... a engine rebuild is inevitable on any of these cars at some point and any buyer getting one of these should and probably does realize that before making a purchase... plus how many speedos does the average GTV6 go through... owned 2, both had at least two different odometers installed, mileage is mute at that point other than tracking oil and timing belt changes... I think it is priced fairly, you just need the buyer who is looking for an original mostly unmodified version... nice ones are pretty hard to come by...

#16 ·
Hi Guys, Sorry had family stuff. Yes the car is rust free. I don't have a lift but you are welcome to come take a look in San Francisco. If there are any particular photos you want just let me know.

I was very particular about finding a rust free example. As I stated the car has been garaged since new and always owned by an Alfa person.

Major service done at 125K Cost over $6K in 2008.

It included:
Heat Set Gasket
Timing Belt
Tensioner
AC Belt
Alt Belt
Brake Calipers
All Fluids
Muffer and Exhaust System
Radiator Hoses
Complete Valve Job
Balance Drive Shaft

I hope this helps

#19 ·
Let me know if there are areas you want photos of As requested, Engine and Front seats

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#31 ·
I have an 86 with 86k mikes. Red on black with Ronal A1. Nice car. Just had a $5k mechanical refresh which included timing belt and water pump. “S”cams and cam followers. shift linkage rebuild. Driveshaft rebuild. New clutch unit. Drives real good. Ansa exhaust. It’s in Staten Island New York. If interested send me a text. John. 646-879-5064.
PM Sent. Will text as well

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.