Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1977 Spider - not running

For Sale 
2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 ·
FOR SALE - 1977 Spider with 67,xxx miles. Original owner. Non-running.

THE GOOD - I've known this car since my father bought it new in 1977 from Chris Nikel in Oklahoma. It even has the original Chris Nikel license plate surround. The body is in very good condition, having been resprayed once in about 1990. It has two incidents worth reporting, the first being when I let the car roll away from being parked. It crossed two lanes of traffic and came to rest against a power pole. The only casualties from that event were the rear bumper trim being severed and damage to my own teenage ego. I couldn't find bumper trim then, and that's how things still stand. The other incident involved the car being backed into and the driver's door taking a dent. The door was replaced, not repaired, but since then the door must be opened with the key in the lock.

THE FAIR - The interior is okay. The passenger's seat is quite good, but the driver's has torn seams. The driver's side interior door panel is perpetually loose. The top is okay from the outside, but more ratty on the inside. The dash has a crack leading forward from the vents. Carpets should be replaced.

THE BAD - It hasn't been started in over a decade. I believe I was fiddling with the cold start mechanism when I got distracted, and here we are. For years before that, the starter would grind before finally catching. I never diagnosed that. The paint, which is otherwise good, has some white overspray on the right rear from a sloppily executed home improvement project. This shouldn't be anything a careful detail can't remedy. The gas tank will need to be drained and cleaned.

This car will be sold as is, where is, northwest of Tahlequah, Oklahoma. I’ve known this car since it was new, but don’t want to do what is needed to do right by it. Bottom line is that it is low mileage, but has been sitting for sometime.

Let's say $3000.

Bring a trailer.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rust? Floorboards, spare tire well, damage to front valence?

#4 ·
Chris,

Just sent you a personal message. I see you have posted only 6 times, so you may not be able to send or receive PMs. You can contact me via email at autotech at flash dot net.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.