Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1958 Giulietta Spider Veloce-

For Sale 
13K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  justcallmefred 
#1 ·
If you want a car that no one can nit pick in any way this is the car for you. Only two previous owners, never rusted or collision damage all original parts replated or refinished. All correct upholstery floor coverings etc. Great fitting new top, matching numbers motor and tunnel case trans and DCO3 carbs and linkage all rebuilt. Show worthy paint, restoration all documented. More photos and information coming soon to classicalfas.com or contact Fred at giuliasuper1967@aol.com

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Serious inquiries will get their answers without a public display of price or any other details and photos of the featured car. This isn't Bring A Trailer. Your post seems a tad salty and vague so I can only respond as my read on it. No agenda here. Someone is going to really appreciate the fact this car showed up here. I have sold three cars here and it was a really good experience.

#9 ·
Thanks I felt the same way upon reading that. I structure my ads very carefully in an attempt to minimize these types of responses. People who are looking for these cars know more or less what they cost and will contact me as stated in the very first post and I’m happy to respond. Sadly these types of posts make me want to reconsider posting any cars for sale on this forum in the future.

#10 · (Edited)
Great spider

Dear justcallmefred ,

I saw your car at the Concorso Italiano last month, in Monterey.
It's a beautiful car , one of the nicest in that very well presented show.
To preserve and / or restore a Giulietta Spider to that level is no small feat.
I'd guess that you have well over $100,000 invested in the car, and probably quite a bit more.

I believe I'm qualified to say these things because my White Giulietta Spider ( Serial No. 370009 ) was awarded the SCM "BEST IN SHOW" Trophy in the Giulietta / Giulia Class, that day.
To acquire, preserve and restore my car to the level it's at now has taken many years and well over $150,000.

"mooselise" is a relative newcomer to the Alfa BB , but sadly he's not unlike many of the tire kickers that inhabit this website.

On this site, no matter what price you'd name for your car, there would be some backbencher with an "opinion" as to why you were asking way too much.

Most of them will never have a car like yours.
They mostly just want to Blog out their "opinions" which are usually based on no real experience or achievements.

I think you are wise to just let the folks know that your car is for sale and if they are seriously interested they can send you a PM to discuss their interest.

"mooselise" can contact you through the system anytime he wants if he's seriously interested.
It would take no more time than placing the response that he placed.

YOUR CAR IS A GREAT ONE .

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE .

JWHALFA

#24 ·
Such a super strange and weird conversation. Don't think the ask for a price is unreasonable (I think there were rules in place here in the past that every "For Sale" add, cars or parts, needs an asking price. unsure if that changed).

Irrespective, to make such an issue out of it, is out of line. Many people, me included, have done business with Fred so his excellent reputation is simply not in question, irrespective of "structural" aspects of an ad (!). Second, some of us have seen this car "in the flesh" and it is indeed stunning.

I believe I'm qualified to say these things because my White Giulietta Spider ( Serial No. 370009 ) was awarded the SCM "BEST IN SHOW" Trophy in the Giulietta / Giulia Class, that day.
Nice to hear from you @JWALFA;. We were in the Junior Z right next to you as we got the SCM Best in Show in that class. Your car is stunning.

#11 ·
I restored a number of Giulietta cars within the last five years and restoration is expensive. The labor is most expensive part of restoration unless you do it yourself and that is what I did when I restored my 1957 Spider in the early 1970's. I spent much more than the car was worth but, drove it for seventeen years and sold it for more than what I had in the car.

I always say that have fun with your car.

#12 · (Edited)
It seems ludicrous to me that one simple question requesting the asking price of a car advertised on a public forum has generated all this activity. So I feel the need to respond to some of the above comments as follows:

First off, I am not a "tire kicker". In fact, for JWHALFA to make such an assumption without knowing me is quite boorish and presumptuous. I am a retired person and have the financial ability to buy the advertised Giulietta Spider and JWHALFA's spider both and these cars are relatively inexpensive in comparison to cars that I have owned and presently own.

Secondly, it is simply rude to blow off a price request. If you prefer to keep everything hush-hush, one should at least have the common courtesy to simply point out that an email was provided at the top of the post for that purpose and that would have sufficed. But to just ignore the request is rude.

Third, if a car is advertised on a public forum, I believe that that the transaction should not be hidden or swept under the rug. In essence, I do not believe that a seller should post an ad on a public forum only to then convert the entire process into a private sale. If a private sale is what is desired, then it should start and remain a private sale from start to finish. To do otherwise (to me) is not a very transparent or fair practice. And, in fact, many car websites (especially in Europe) do not permit this type of practice and require the asking price be published. I believe this is the better practice.

Fourth, I would not take a backhanded swipe at BAT, which many people like and that has not so good but some good aspects as well.

Lastly, in this case, the "structure of the ad" had nothing to do with the negative "types of responses" mentioned by the seller because the negative response was not was caused not by the ad, but by a simple lack of common courtesy. All the structure of the ad and the resulting activity caused was that it discouraged a serious buyer from proceeding further with the possible purchase of the car.

#13 ·
Thanks for all the nice compliments on the car I really appreciate it. I would not change my ad one bit if I were to do it over again. Yes Mr. moose Lise I ingnored your first post because you ignored or didn’t think through my ad as I posted it. Just think if you had emailed me all of this would not have been necessary. You can’t come on here and tell everyone how they can and can’t do their thing. This is exactly how I did not want things to go and therefore moderator plus pull my ad and this whole thread down PLEASE

#17 ·
Pictures and description of this car are now up on classicalfas.com. I did not post some great pictures of the car before restoration which are available. As I originally posted seriously interested parties may contact me as stated in the very first post after reviewing all the available information, thanks!

#20 ·
You know the old adage “if you have to ask...”.

What’s wrong with tire kickers? I love talking about and showing off my toys and for those without the means, the momentary “dream” can be almost as sweet as owning.

Beautiful Spider.

#23 ·
Agree anyone who is serious would contact the seller, take that back, would google the seller, or read up on his posts, then contact seller to have a serious conversation. Short of that is just a waste fo time and the seller knows it, I know and anyone who has done it before knows it. Seller has a long history and is well known in the Alfa world, both on and off the track, doubt you could find a better candidate to consider buying an alfa from. Sure this will find a good home with someone who will appreciate it for what it is, n how it was maintained. cheers

#30 · (Edited)
Not again, can you please go away? 1/2 your total posts must be on this thread, why me? Re-read everything that’s been posted here. Easy to get ahold of me, again- giuliasuper1967@aol.com or my website classicalfas.com
Maybe you should reread my comment, which might be helpful to you in selling the car, which is still available, car by suggesting that maybe there has been a price reduction, which always increases interest. As far as getting a-hold of you, I prefer to know if I am in the price ballpark rather than have to initiate contact just to that find out, and I'm sure your website doesn't have the asking price anyway. Lastly, nobody should be told to go away just because you are overly sensitive to a reply that has nothing wrong in it or suggests a potentially more more effective methodology.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.