For Sale 1958 Giulietta Spider Veloce- - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

1958 Giulietta Spider Veloce-

If you want a car that no one can nit pick in any way this is the car for you. Only two previous owners, never rusted or collision damage all original parts replated or refinished. All correct upholstery floor coverings etc. Great fitting new top, matching numbers motor and tunnel case trans and DCO3 carbs and linkage all rebuilt. Show worthy paint, restoration all documented. More photos and information coming soon to classicalfas.com or contact Fred at [email protected]
Attached Images

aguirola and LaurandSteve like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 11:20 PM

What is the asking price?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:15 AM

Saw this car at Concorso and it is stunning.
Brad750f likes this.

60 Citroen ID - 62 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile - 64 Giulia TI - 69 Porsche 911S Targa (Soft Window) - 72 Junior Z 1600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Thank-you, coming from you that’s a real compliment!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:14 AM

Fred, more pictures please!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:19 PM

All members should have common courtesy regardless of their membership status but some do not. Based on the members responsiveness, I would not trust the ad's description or hold my breath regardless of membership status.

Last edited by mooselise; 09-15-2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typo
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:02 PM

I know of two restored 750 Spiders that sold for $83K last year. The price to restore a 750 Spider can cost $80K and leave very little profit.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselise View Post
All members should have common courtesy regardless of their membership status but some do not. Based on the members responsiveness, I would not trust the ad's description or hold my breath regardless of membership status.
Serious inquiries will get their answers without a public display of price or any other details and photos of the featured car. This isn't Bring A Trailer. Your post seems a tad salty and vague so I can only respond as my read on it. No agenda here. Someone is going to really appreciate the fact this car showed up here. I have sold three cars here and it was a really good experience.
mbaum, GTA ALFA, pinshaw and 2 others like this.

Last edited by divotandtralee; 09-16-2019 at 02:54 AM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Thanks I felt the same way upon reading that. I structure my ads very carefully in an attempt to minimize these types of responses. People who are looking for these cars know more or less what they cost and will contact me as stated in the very first post and I’m happy to respond. Sadly these types of posts make me want to reconsider posting any cars for sale on this forum in the future.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:10 PM

Great spider

Dear justcallmefred ,

I saw your car at the Concorso Italiano last month, in Monterey.
It's a beautiful car , one of the nicest in that very well presented show.
To preserve and / or restore a Giulietta Spider to that level is no small feat.
I'd guess that you have well over $100,000 invested in the car, and probably quite a bit more.

I believe I'm qualified to say these things because my White Giulietta Spider ( Serial No. 370009 ) was awarded the SCM "BEST IN SHOW" Trophy in the Giulietta / Giulia Class, that day.
To acquire, preserve and restore my car to the level it's at now has taken many years and well over $150,000.

"mooselise" is a relative newcomer to the Alfa BB , but sadly he's not unlike many of the tire kickers that inhabit this website.

On this site, no matter what price you'd name for your car, there would be some backbencher with an "opinion" as to why you were asking way too much.

Most of them will never have a car like yours.
They mostly just want to Blog out their "opinions" which are usually based on no real experience or achievements.

I think you are wise to just let the folks know that your car is for sale and if they are seriously interested they can send you a PM to discuss their interest.

"mooselise" can contact you through the system anytime he wants if he's seriously interested.
It would take no more time than placing the response that he placed.

YOUR CAR IS A GREAT ONE .

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE .

JWHALFA
mbaum, GTA ALFA and pinshaw like this.

Last edited by JWHALFA; 09-17-2019 at 04:16 PM.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:07 PM

I restored a number of Giulietta cars within the last five years and restoration is expensive. The labor is most expensive part of restoration unless you do it yourself and that is what I did when I restored my 1957 Spider in the early 1970's. I spent much more than the car was worth but, drove it for seventeen years and sold it for more than what I had in the car.

I always say that have fun with your car.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:29 PM

It seems ludicrous to me that one simple question requesting the asking price of a car advertised on a public forum has generated all this activity. So I feel the need to respond to some of the above comments as follows:

First off, I am not a "tire kicker". In fact, for JWHALFA to make such an assumption without knowing me is quite boorish and presumptuous. I am a retired person and have the financial ability to buy the advertised Giulietta Spider and JWHALFA's spider both and these cars are relatively inexpensive in comparison to cars that I have owned and presently own.

Secondly, it is simply rude to blow off a price request. If you prefer to keep everything hush-hush, one should at least have the common courtesy to simply point out that an email was provided at the top of the post for that purpose and that would have sufficed. But to just ignore the request is rude.

Third, if a car is advertised on a public forum, I believe that that the transaction should not be hidden or swept under the rug. In essence, I do not believe that a seller should post an ad on a public forum only to then convert the entire process into a private sale. If a private sale is what is desired, then it should start and remain a private sale from start to finish. To do otherwise (to me) is not a very transparent or fair practice. And, in fact, many car websites (especially in Europe) do not permit this type of practice and require the asking price be published. I believe this is the better practice.

Fourth, I would not take a backhanded swipe at BAT, which many people like and that has not so good but some good aspects as well.

Lastly, in this case, the "structure of the ad" had nothing to do with the negative "types of responses" mentioned by the seller because the negative response was not was caused not by the ad, but by a simple lack of common courtesy. All the structure of the ad and the resulting activity caused was that it discouraged a serious buyer from proceeding further with the possible purchase of the car.
Chi Si Dici likes this.

Last edited by mooselise; 09-17-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Thanks for all the nice compliments on the car I really appreciate it. I would not change my ad one bit if I were to do it over again. Yes Mr. moose Lise I ingnored your first post because you ignored or didn’t think through my ad as I posted it. Just think if you had emailed me all of this would not have been necessary. You can’t come on here and tell everyone how they can and can’t do their thing. This is exactly how I did not want things to go and therefore moderator plus pull my ad and this whole thread down PLEASE
pinshaw likes this.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Darth Moderator
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Folks this thread has made it onto the Moderator radar, albeit at low volume for now.... Everyone please play nicely

Grazie
Greig

Wearing Moderator Hat
Gordon Raymond likes this.

Some 750's
Some 101's
Some 105's
Some others
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmefred View Post
Thanks for all the nice compliments on the car I really appreciate it. I would not change my ad one bit if I were to do it over again. Yes Mr. moose Lise I ingnored your first post because you ignored or didn’t think through my ad as I posted it. Just think if you had emailed me all of this would not have been necessary. You can’t come on here and tell everyone how they can and can’t do their thing. This is exactly how I did not want things to go and therefore moderator plus pull my ad and this whole thread down PLEASE
Fred, don't do that. Giving in on being correct is not virtuous...

Nothing requires a greater effort of thought than arguments to justify the rule of non-thought.
- Milan Kundera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode