Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1969 Duetto - $10K

For Sale 
3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  divotandtralee 
#1 ·
1969 Alfa Spider, or duetto if you prefer, for sale. ~100K miles on it & non-running. Sat in a Berkeley garage for the 27 years before I bought it from the original owner after the teenage son had rear-ended someone with it. Thanks to the indoor storage it's remarkably clean, save for the factory-supplied tinworms in a couple of rockers and a little under the driver's seat. Otherwise, floors & trunk are clean & solid. It will need bodywork corrected (some iffy has been done already) and a general inside & outside refresh. During my ownership I've collected piles of parts and made some headway in getting it roadworthy. All hydraulics have been rebuilt, including the original brake boosters, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake calipers, new rotors, and clutch master & slave (slave is missing the plunger now, a new one would be wise). The car currently has a nice 2.0L sitting in it with a healthy gearbox, but the 1750 (with freshly rebuilt head) and a low-mile late 2.0L engine & transmission set comes with the car. Some new parts include all belts & hoses, ignition wires, Carello headlight covers & clips, fuel filters, fuel pump, air filters, cap & rotor, plugs, water pump, Spica belt, transmission mount & drive-shaft donut (guibo), door mirrors, and lots more. Tires are mounted but never driven on, and original steel wheels have been powder-coated silver. I have a set of Koni Classic shocks for all 4 corners, and also performance sway bars front & rear (uninstalled). The injection pump still has a good thermostatic actuator on it. Additional parts include a second set of seats with headrests, two engines and transmissions plus what's in the car, full set of spare instruments, original fender reflectors, two center grille emblems, L&R front bumperettes (restoration needed), front turn signal lenses (one is cracked) several sets of tail lights & lenses, two reverse light assemblies, alternator, distributor, hub caps (box full), headlight assemblies, manuals and more.

This is an excellent restoration candidate, but certainly a project. I'm realistic about it's faults and about it's assets. I'd like the car to go to an enthusiast that will follow through with it and I'm willing to take a bit of a hit on the sale if I feel good about the buyer. Please don't contact me just because you want it - talk it over with the wife and check your bank account. I know how it is - I'm a car guy like all of us here, but let's treat each other with respect. Bring cash & tow it away. Pics are available but I'm only a few posts in because my original membership must have expired so I can't link or post them. Questions welcome. Located in Menlo Park, CA

Attachments

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Seems to me a certain shop in Michigan could do something special with this....Richard where are you? ����
My reputation proceeds me! It is indeed coming to Detroit for a little sprucing up.

This strikes me as a very strong restoration candidate. But anymore I'm shopping for sellers ( and clients) that are decent people to deal with. Definitely the case with this purchase! I'm done dealing with knuckleheads if you know what i mean...

If anybody's interested in getting in on the front end of a restoration, PM me...( Knuckleheads need not apply :wink2:)

#10 ·
69 Duetto

This is a fantastic deal. I hope Richard, or one of his clients scooped this up. Too many ongoing for me but this is easily doable for a resto without breaking the bank. CA continues to have the best quality/price ratio for resto's. Not so much on driver & above.

#14 ·
Some of my best friends live there including my Best Man.. I love California.. It's just that they hoard all the good wines, sunshine in January, avocados, and good old cars.. Time to share one more morsel. When you finish it, it will probably go back because your costs will be half of what theirs are..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.