For Sale 1960's Era cars - Sold as lot of 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Alfamale43065
  • 2 Post By nealric

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

1960's Era cars - Sold as lot of 3

I know this may come out of the blue, but I’ve decided to sell my cars. I have a number of reasons behind this difficult decision, but would like to offer them as a lot of 3. Not interested in lookylou's, but will happily talk to serious inquiries and supply photo's as best i can. You can PM me, if these three would fit nicely in your garage.

I feel your affection for ALFA’s and ability to service them properly, is more appealing to me than selling to a collector or random person on BAT. I’d like to offer them to members of the ALFABB, as the members have always been kind and most helpful, in the past.

All are drivers and all require a bit of fine tuning, especially electric – All are straight and mostly free of rust to my knowledge. Cars are located in Central Ohio (Clear title on all) - I think it's appropriate to do a PPI, before we talk $$.
Here goes:

1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. California car, most recently Mt. Vernon Ohio & always dry storage. Weber 40’s recent rebuild, Dunlap calipers rebuilt to show quality by PMB. I have a complete front/rear suspension bushing kit from Classic Uninstalled. Re-cored Radiator, doors need shims, but gaps are nice. Repainted original White in the 80’s by PO, black interior in good shape. Someone added a driver’s door mirror from GTV6, but I have an original replacement. Brightwork is in great condition

1966 Giulia Spider Veloce. Also California car, most recently Hilliard Ohio & also dry storage. Weber 40’s rebuilt this winter and spin-on oil oil adaptor from PO. Red/Black has had a repaint. Brightwork needs attention, but I believe to be complete.

1969 GTV1750, original Moss Green/Tan, Seats redone in original tan, covers from Classic and local shop installed. I have complete carpet set from Classic uninstalled. SPICA was rebuilt by Wes Ingram and is like new. Brightwork is in great condition. New Pirelli's and sandblasted wheels with 2 stage silver paint. New ATE calipers, brake boosters and duel master cylinder.

I also have a small collection of parts, used & NOS that will go with each car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Garage
Any photos?

1966 GTA replica, 1967 Duetto, 1987 Quadrifoglio
1972, 1973, 1974 Montreal
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 03:44 PM

These danglers usually end up with a seller not real happy with something he instigated. Good luck with the "sale".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamale43065 View Post

1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. California car, most recently Mt. Vernon Ohio & always dry storage. Weber 40’s recent rebuild, Dunlop calipers rebuilt to show quality by PMB. I have a complete front/rear suspension bushing kit from Classic Uninstalled. Re-cored Radiator, doors need shims, but gaps are nice. Repainted original White in the 80’s by PO, black interior in good shape
The 1966 to 1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce never had a factory black interior, not in vinyl nor leather. They did have a tan or dark grey vinyl interior or the Bertone DeLuxe dark brown or red leather interior. Carpet was either red or dark grey, no black carpet.

Last edited by Steve105; 08-19-2019 at 05:10 PM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Not sure what you're trying to say here, D&T. This is one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. Thanks for your "support"
Scrambles likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:36 PM

I would suggest taking about 100 photos each of the cars.
Allocate your weekends for viewing for the next 3-6 months.
First focus on the 69 GTV as one just sold for $117k.
Take you car to car meetings put for sale on it put adds in local magazines
Good luck

Last edited by Steve105; 08-19-2019 at 07:25 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 09:27 PM

I'm interested and could probably make it out there this weekend.
I see the Guilia Spider Veloce is in Hilliard, while the Sprint GT is an hour away in Mt. Vernon. Where is the GTV located?

Please call or text my cell at 732 618 0766

Best regards,

John Burke
Rumson, NJ
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to say here, D&T. This is one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. Thanks for your "support"
Nothing meant by it, other than it is difficult to sell anything without a number in mind.. or "best offers over $ xxxxxxx." I've been down that road and it usually results in lo-balls and tire kickers and cherry pickers. Like I said , Good luck.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
I think the point is that you are looking at potentially six figures worth of cars, and prospective buyers are going to want as much information as possible. Lots of pictures and an asking price would go a long way. I'd also say that you will probably have much better luck selling them individually. The number of people who want three cars is going to be quite a bit lower than the number who only want one specific car.
61SS and Karter7 like this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 01:19 PM

As a starting point, what is the general consensus of what each of these is worth? I know everyone wants a deal and everyone wants to sell for a good price too. Where is that point?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadimivanovich View Post
As a starting point, what is the general consensus of what each of these is worth? I know everyone wants a deal and everyone wants to sell for a good price too. Where is that point?
I'm not interested so i won't comment any further. I raised the point to help the seller not to give him a lecture on how to sell cars. Unfortunately,, that was received as the latter.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 04:36 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadimivanovich View Post
IT's not possible to assess the value of something we can't see.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:27 PM

The 1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce car from information provided I will guess is a long term storage dormant car, that has been slowly recommissioned over the last few years with the following (which saves the next owner doing it). My estimates of spend, Weber 40’s recent rebuild ~$1000, Dunlop calipers rebuilt to show quality by PMB. ~$1000, complete front/rear suspension bushing kit from Classic Uninstalled. ~$1000,Re-cored Radiator ~$500

Here are Hagerty's definitions of fair, good, excellent and concours conditions
https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati..._GTV?id=116941
https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati...-GTV?id=158020

Last edited by Steve105; 08-22-2019 at 04:43 AM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 11:15 PM

I am interested, what is your e-mail?. I am new to the forum and can't send you a pm. Thanks
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:27 PM

There is that Italian Car show at Wendy’s HQ. I am registered from Findlay, though it rained last year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode