Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1975 Nuova Super 1300 for sale in Sacramento CA

14K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  DPeterson3 
#1 ·
1975 Nuova Super 1300, in driveable condition. Engine rebuilt about ten years ago with centerline 1400 kit, euro 2000 cams and dual 40dcoes. Runs well, shifts well as long as you are easy on it . Interior is usable but far from perfect. Has rust in sills, pretty badly. Also around jacking points, below the rear bumper, and some spots on doors. Drives well, lots of fun. Previously owned by my father who did most of the work on the car. He was a forum member (Mr. C) for years, I got the car after he passed away. I have enjoyed it, but I don’t see myself spending the money to fix the bodywork.

Hard to gauge the market for these cars, but I’d love to get $10,500 for it. Ask questions and I will do my best to answer.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
Some more rust pictures. The inner sills are the worst part of the car. Here are some pics from the passenger side. I’ll try to get the drivers side tonight.

Attachments

#6 ·
I have the original center grille and plastic side grilles if needed.

#8 ·
Not related to the sale per-se, but in the gallery see that this car as a spin-on oil filter. I didn't realize that was ever a "thing" on 1300s -- my 71 has the old-style make-an-oily-mess-everywhere cartridge filter. Is this strictly a Nuova feature, or was there a general cutover year for spin-on filters on 1300s, or did Alfa ship both styles simultaneously in semi-random fashion, as with many other features?

#11 ·
Very interesting. I'm assuming the car has never been in a significant crash and is straight? Is there rust around the taillights? Thanks!

#12 ·
No crashes or accidents that I know of. I do not have a complete history of the car but I have never seen or felt anything that made me think there might be a frame issue.

I have never noticed any rust around the tail lights, and didn’t see any on a quick check this morning. I’ll try to look carefully and take some pictures of that area tonight.

Feel free to ask any other questions that come up, of course.

#13 ·
Tail lights look good, no rust around there that I can see. Here are some pics inside and outside. I put some other pics in the album linked above. This car went through a pretty thorough repaint about 15 years ago, and most rust areas were dealt with. The passenger sill, some doors, and drivers rear fender did not seem to be done properly and are seeing some regrowth but other than that I think it’s holding together. As always, happy to take more pics if there are other things anyone wants to see. Thanks for the questions!

Attachments

#14 ·
So I had one conversation about trades and I think I am open to trades but probably not another Alfa. And preferably a situation where I also end up with some cash. I’d be into 70s or 80s era European sedans and sports cars particularly. Just probably not Alfas. Maybe motorcycles also.

Also just giving myself a bump here while daydreaming

#16 · (Edited)
Ha! We didn't discuss trades...

I've got a 1965 Yamaha YL1 that I restored for an old friend, who had the poor graces to die before I finished it. I gave it to his widow, who gave it back to me. Cute little bike, and very nicely restored. I haven't run it since I drove it to her house, but it ran fine then. Being a two-stroke, it takes some fiddling from time to time.

Great first bike for a young person. I've got a little over $3,500 in just the restoration costs. Never mind whatever the bike is worth. I'd rather my grandson drove a slow Alfa to school than ANY motorcycle, even though this one would also be considered "slow".

Hagerty value #1 $4,500
Hagerty value #2 $3,600

Easily a #2 or better. I'd say #1, but I'd rather err on the low side. Everything that rubs, scrubs, or turns is new.

Attachments

#22 ·
I’ve only been around the fringe of motorcycles over the years, so not all that familiar with models and variants. I’m told the YL1 was the first 2 stroke to include an oil reservoir and auto-feed of same, eliminating the pre-mix hassle.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.