Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1982 Spider w/ stainless bumpers

For Sale 
5K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Markkunkel 
#1 · (Edited)
The time has come. Another Alfa opportunity has presented itself.

Located in Vancouver, BC.

Best of both worlds. Stainless bumpers with Bosch fuel injection.
I purchased this car in Jan. 2007 in California. I have a binder full of receipts for work done over the last 12 years.
Always garage kept. Sunny days only.
Head done with new valves, guides and seals with 11mm cams from International.
Headers 2018
Stinger exhaust
Rebuilt starter last month
Clutch and donut 2017
New caster bushings
New wheel bearings
Rebuilt alternator
Gearbox done 2008
Koni reds
Replaced t-arm bushings
Quad style tonneau cover
New seat upholstery 2018
New canvas top.
Carrello head light covers
Car had a/c but I removed it. I have all components to reinstall.
Period correct Blaupunkt deck with amp.
An absolute joy to drive. Sounds fantastic, pulls like a train and handles really well.

More pictures later today

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Karter7 and Sfizio
#6 ·
Very Nice build....... If it were mine I would have to have the graduate seats and loose the tag lights on the body.
Keep the bumper lamps. Love the Momo Vegas. Just Perfect.
I bet this car is the absolutely perfect to drive. Really brilliant to use a Bosch car and back date.
the 82 first year is the best IMO for this build. Best to Seller and Buyer. Seems like a deal!
RML

#7 ·
Thanks, theses seats are much more comfortable than the others. Tag lights involved body and paint so I decided against. It definitely is a perfect driver. If weather improves I’ll post a driving video.

#8 ·
Nice car! Great idea to put stainless bumpers on the car.

A question about the intake and air filter. For those in CA, we have special smog test rules, which requires any intake parts to be approved for use in CA. Were the parts on the car when you bought the car? If not, do you have the original parts. And if you don't, are the new parts CARB certified?

I'm not a buyer, but for someone in CA, they'll need to know this or they won't be able to smog test/drive the car.

#13 ·
interested...

as a long-time and alas no longer grateful custodian of S2, S3, and S4 cars, this one seems wonderful and unique. Although I have been on the list for eleven years I have yet to make 10 posts, so I will need to ask you to contact me privately to discuss.

Many thanks,

Mark (mkunkel50@gmail.com)

#19 ·
Some pics of items included with sale.

Attachments

#26 ·
Thank you, ballough510. The hunt has been great fun. Once I decided I wanted a backdated 1982, done right, there really wasn't much more choice to make. I hope I have all kinds of fun in this one for many years to come.

#29 ·
With complete confidence in the management systems. i.e Bosch EFI Should start and run the same every time.
I just love the build.. Seller was completely focused and did a professional job. You can bet its well sorted. Life over 5K
well she's a proper ole girl that is now 37 yrs old, if it likes it there, get it. Its just gonna be fun.
RML

#30 ·
After a logistical issue this car has not sold and after further consideration, this car will not be for sale. I will be keeping her. Again, thanks to the AlfaBB for the kind comments and great resource for us to use. Sure beats CL. This was a mutual agreement between buyer and seller and neither is to blame.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.