Alfa Romeo Forums banner

GTV6 track car and trailer

For Sale 
18K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  Mikejr89 
#1 · (Edited)
Offering my freshened track GTV6 for sale with custom built trailer as a package. Too much to list...best to discuss email or phone but will list basics here. Send PM and we can connect. Has lights, wipers, full instrumentation (stewart Warner gauges).

Rust free, non sunroof straight body.

Blueprinted 3.0 race engine no smoke great oil pressure. Headers and free flow race exhaust, real nice. Ducting for all brakes, run all day no fade. Full cage incl halo and dash bar. Twin pump fuel system with surge tank. Stilauto Penta wheels including 2 extra. Large spares package available including LSD trans, close ratio race gear set, 3.0 engine, clutches and housings, axles, etc if one wants.

Less than 5 hours on:
Belt
Pump
Fixed t belt tensioner
Cooling system
Propshaft complete rebuild
Full suspension rebuild
Brembo rotors all around
Sparco seat and slider
Shifter rebuild
Clutch hydraulics

Fresh service on rear end (entire DeDion rebuilt) for 2019:
Rebuilt axles w hi temp boots
Fully rebuilt and resealed LSD transaxle with hybrid (short 2,3,4 gear) transaxle in V6 large bearing case, all OE parts NOS including bearings $$$
4 clutch LSD (new ZF discs not aftermarket)
Rear calipers (spider type), ATE
Brake pads
Rear wheel bearings, both sides
Single disc clutch, Sachs
Clutch hose
And more
Dedion service parts and labor alone valued well over 5k.
Dedion and under carriage pretty nicely detailed too.

This car is fresh and ready to go.

Real fast, sounds amazing. Over the past few years I've spent many times more hours rehabbing this car than driving it and am down sizing some of the collection. I spared zero expense on the parts especially. It's more user friendly now than when run as SCCA, and ready to run. 10k gets it! Just drive!

EDIT: Adding video link here as well.

See less See more
1 5
#17 ·
Rick,

Thanks! The car is a total animal. The neighbors *love* the sound...there’s a single glasspack and a side pipe to quiet down the headers and that’s it. The car usually gathers a small crowd at some point in the pits after an early track session – usually for compliments about how good it sounds. Or it’s a BMW guy who can’t figure out why he’s getting passed when he has more horsepower.

The front bars are Shankle Super Sport (torsions and sway - 27s I think?) according to the notes but I don't recall measuring them. I do remember setting the ride height was a pain when I rebuilt the entire front suspension. Rugh custom rear springs. SZ DeDion apex bearing. Heim joint adjustable/ turnbuckle watts linkage. 4.10 final drive. Milano Brembo front alloy calipers. I seem to recall putting Carboteceh pads in all around. Do have log book as well as a title for the car, belts and seat are pretty fresh but don't know the dates offhand. Really, the car has all the right hardware.

To be clear, I'm not selling the car as an SCCA ready car and I've never used it as such (though the car has been a track/race car since the 80s) - I'm selling it as a track toy because the car is illegal with the current engine (though honestly, nobody would likely care as the GTV6 isn't really competitive in that class anyway). I don't know the exact weight but the thing really boogies.

#20 ·
I'm not in the market, but others at next week's AROC Convention in Pittsburgh might be. Any thoughts about bringing it the short distance from SE Michigan to the Pittsburgh International Race Complex for the Convention's track day (July 18)?

#22 ·
Not a bad idea - and I thought the same but unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. If someone else wants to take it out there and have some fun, send me a PM. Call it an extended test drive. Must be returned in same condition!

Can you pm me, I would like to get little more details on the car
Sent you a PM!

#26 ·
So I saw this today as I was picking up some other parts/engine from Rob....lets just say that if you are looking for a toy that wasn't done on the fly (and in fact was REALLY well thought out & has sooo many cool/custom touches), this is a great deal. You couldn't replicate this, especially with the extra bits avail, at 2x the price. When there are 10-15 Alfas (all in amazing condition) in the private shop....can't say enough good things about the seller.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.