For Sale 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JBWesterwick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce $4500 obo

A rust-free Metallic Gold 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Spider Veloce. Tan leather seats. 95.7 K miles. I purchased it from a member on this site 9 years ago and have driven it approx 5K since 2010. Garage kept. Drives very well. I believe this to be an all original, rust free car and everything works- windows, lights, gauges, A/C, wipers (Slow and Slower); the only thing that doesn’t work is the trip odometer. It is not perfect- I will detail all goods and bads.

Body is rust free and paint I believe is original with the exception of the right rear which I scraped along a wooden post while backing out last summer (No creased metal- just rubbed paint and it pressed the fender lip in a bit. Repaired locally last summer with a claim through Hagertys). The hood has a couple of dents that were caused by the cam cover being forced upward or someone really slammed the hood down- it was there prior to my purchase. The leading edge of the nose shows no signs of repairs but does have some paint chips.
I has a 10 foot paint job, but will need to be repainted at some point to address the chips which have been touched with a matching paint. Under carriage is clean- no rust. Rocker panels, floorboards, wheel wells, windshield corners, headlamp coves, trunk/spare wheel well all rust free. The chrome and stainless trim is complete and in good condition. The windshield was new when I purchased the car- no cracks or dings.

Interior is in good condition. Dash is crack-free. The frame that holds the ashtray is cracked. Both seats have splits in the leather so they will need to be replaced at some point. Carpets good. Door handles, locks, windows and vent windows all work properly. Missing the little plastic pieces that fit into the top on the wind wing frames. New rubber door adjuster wedges. Aftermarket Blaupunkt radio works. Non original steering wheel. The door panels are presentable- tan and black.

It has an older cloth top but is in useable condition- couple of holes and the rear window is still clear. I never used the top because I never drove it in bad weather. The boot cover is in good shape.

The gauges all work. All warning lights work properly. Everything electrical works- A/C works, but will need a recharge- I believe it is R-134 converted. Blows nice tepid air… never used it because I never had the top up.

The trunk has a full size spare tire, the jack and even the tool kit, and the brown vinyl owners manual/folder.

ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN

The Spider starts/runs easily. All gauges indicate correctly with the exception of the oil gauge. Once the oil heats up, the gauge reads just above zero. I noticed this prior to purchase and the PO sent me a video of a manual gauge hooked up to the oil pressure sender port, and oil pressures were correct- needs a new pressure sender. The oil pressure warning light does work (I do check it) so everything is in working order. I have over the last couple of years, replaced transmission fluid (Redline 75-90 NS), differential (Redline 75-90), plugs, annual oil changes, one flywheel sensor, air/fuel filter, crush washers, and other bits and pieces. Just replaced ruptured fuel line- couldn’t figure out how I lost half a tank of gas in 3 miles until the wife said “do you smell gas?”

The transmission shifts well with no issues- I don’t power shift so it might be notchy, but I don’t feel it.

CHASSIS
Drives and handles as it should- no suspension issues.
The brakes work well – I have not done anything with the brakes since purchase- no leaks and the pads are good. Fluids should probably be changed.
The wheels are original to the car and have some curbing marks. Spare is older but does have an original wheel. Rears are older and have not been changed out since my purchase. Fronts are newer and a size narrower from what was on the car when bought- the combination of the wide fronts and the small steering wheel made for a tough combination when maneuvering at low speeds- but you should see my forearms now!

ELECTRICAL
The battery is newer 2015 and the alternator works properly. The headlights, parking lights, turn signals gauges lights all work. The wipers work and park properly. The fan works on both speeds. Don’t know if the cigarette lighter works. Horn works.

Just had an electrical service done by Abacus Racing in Virginia Beach, VA. Bob West at Abacus spent a couple hours hunting down a no-start condition and found it. There was a corroded plug deep behind the fuse box that was preventing the coil from firing. Has not not started since the service was done in March 2019.

Reason for selling- We’re down sizing and we presently have two- this 1986 and a 1976 Veloce, which we are keeping. It’s a good running car and gets lots of comments… we just want to have one now.

I have a folder with previous titles and work orders but I’m in the throes of moving but unfortunately, that folder got packed away. Will forward to the newer owner if so desired. I purchased the car in NH and drove it to VA, where it has been for the last 9 years. Prior titles included TX (original purchase), CT, and MA. It has a clean VA title (in hand).

Asking $4500 or best offer.
Attached Images

triz likes this.

Last edited by JBWesterwick; 06-03-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Bump to $4300 OBO
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Sold! 14 SEP 19

JBWesterwick
Portsmouth, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode