For Sale 1968 105 Gt Step nose - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

1968 105 Gt Step nose

Hello AlfaBB members.

I have a 1968 Step nose 105.30 car runs and drives, but it needs a lot of love. On the upside most everything works, but its had a lot of poor maintenance work. The paint job is poor with sanding scratches visible, its got a vinyl top, sketchy wiring job, as well as a leaking engine, which may or may not be original. The floors need to be redone etc. essentially a full restoration. I am interested in selling it, but not sure what its worth $19K. The car is registered under my name in California now. Ar1215685 engine number not distinguishable.

Look forward to your comments to asking price.
I do like the car and enjoy driving it so I don't mind keeping it, but I think I may be over my head on taking on a full restoration when I haven't completed
the last one.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sungod1993; Yesterday at 07:41 AM. Reason: Adding vin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
"Haven't completed the last one?" Funny, I've yet to complete my first. I thought it'd take a year or two, this Sept. will be 3 working off & on. Life does have a habit of happening .
Very nice & desirable Alfa, GLWS!

"No chance, no destiny, no fate can circumvent, change or control the firm resolve of a determined soul"

73 Spider
80 BMW e21(Sold, gone to Houston)
79 Spider (sold)
78 Spider (sold, gone to U K)
Greg
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaboutvegas View Post
"Haven't completed the last one?" Funny, I've yet to complete my first. I thought it'd take a year or two, this Sept. will be 3 working off & on. Life does have a habit of happening .
Very nice & desirable Alfa, GLWS!
True, thanks.
I've had my other project since 2016, had a kid same year, but got serious on finishing in 2018 and now I just need to finish interior bits. The good thing is they both drive so at least I can enjoy then.
Alfaboutvegas likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:58 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Could you please let us know where the car is located?

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:46 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I see a blue Calif plate on the Z behind it. I'll guess San Fernando Valley?
Andrew
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

It's in Orange, CA near Disneyland.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:41 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I see a blue Calif plate on the Z behind it. I'll guess San Fernando Valley?
Andrew
WOW! God eye, Andrew! I was thinking somewhere in the south or Nevada. Those cinder block fences aren't all that common east of the Rockies.

Brian __________________________________

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

So, it looks like I cant reply to PM's yet, I'm a new member here.

I am travelling this week and next, but will be back on the 24th to show it.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM

Step nose

Keep posting and it'll get your stats up! Any interior pix ?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Interior Pix, the back seat has to be replaced. front seats are in good shape looks like recovered in vinyl some years ago. I had plans to recover the whole thing in leather.
Attached Images

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:54 PM

Is it a 1300 or 1600 ? Where is the rust ?
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:14 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer View Post
Bottoms of guards and rockers. I say this because the vertical seams are missing ...

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer View Post
Its suppose to have a 1300 i think, but I have a engine rebuild receipt from PO stating its a 1600. I dont know for sure. If interested we can arange to see it.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
Bottoms of guards and rockers. I say this because the vertical seams are missing ...

Pete
Seems are there, pictures are not the best. The Rust is in the floors front and rear. Its got some fiberglass patch now, but its awful and would need to be redone. It was suppose to be my first project once stripped.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:42 PM
Gold Subscriber

Some interesting mods, the most obvious is the single carb? Then there’s the replacement fuse box and added brake booster?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in