Wanted 1994 only, Alfa spider véloce CE - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

I am pretty sure that the front nose had to be resprayed, I could count at least 30 touch-ups on the close up picture of the front badge. Doesn’t match the low miles car they were presenting. One bad picture, I passed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaloco View Post
Here's an interior view of the CE we had, for additional documentation.

PS-- disregard the plastic Alfa logo on the face of the airbag... that was my own tweak to add some color to the expanse of black interior.
Why did you sell the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie93 View Post
I'm thinking of selling my 1994 Ce Spider. It has 48K miles on it. I bought it in 2007, from the States. It has both km and miles on the odometer. I have all the documentation and it's a complete ce. I don't get to drive it much, it's garage stored every winter. I'm close to Vancouver, BC. It's red with black interior. It is number 111 of 190. I have the original bill of sale along with the congratulations letter from Alfa Romeo. I have the numbered key fob, nose badge, ce badge, wood trim (cracked) on the door window rails, 4 wheel badges, wood stick shift knob, badge on the glove box, red hardtop and 6 cd changer in the trunk. The original price was 33K US. I'll put up a for sale, it's not been listed for sale yet, I'm still thinking about it.
That is a real shame if you end up selling the car.

I remember your posts on this car from many, many, many years ago and I know how much you love it.

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:35 PM

Garage
Why did we sell number 37, the yellow one? Frankly, it wasn't being driven enough. I bought it for my wife, in 2004, for our anniversary. She got off to a rocky start with Giallo, as we called it, because she was pregnant at the time with daughter Susy, and I mean REALLY pregnant! Like, did not fit behind the steering wheel, pregnant!
Anyway, over the years, she got busier as a working Mom, and pretty much left Giallo to son Mike and me. We had to drive it once in a while just to keep it roadworthy. She finally admitted she had more or less lost interest, and suggested we sell it. Enter a gentleman from Sicily, a BB'er, who had been looking for a nice CE for several years. Tony had a pristine '66 Duetto, and he really wanted a CE to complete his pair of bookend Spiders. Plus the bragging rights of having a North American market CE back home in Italy! We came to a deal, he arranged shipping and pickup, and Giallo went home in 2014, IIRC. Giallo got stripped down, completely refurbished, and became a stunning weekend driver and show car.

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaloco View Post
Why did we sell number 37, the yellow one? Frankly, it wasn't being driven enough. I bought it for my wife, in 2004, for our anniversary. She got off to a rocky start with Giallo, as we called it, because she was pregnant at the time with daughter Susy, and I mean REALLY pregnant! Like, did not fit behind the steering wheel, pregnant!
Anyway, over the years, she got busier as a working Mom, and pretty much left Giallo to son Mike and me. We had to drive it once in a while just to keep it roadworthy. She finally admitted she had more or less lost interest, and suggested we sell it. Enter a gentleman from Sicily, a BB'er, who had been looking for a nice CE for several years. Tony had a pristine '66 Duetto, and he really wanted a CE to complete his pair of bookend Spiders. Plus the bragging rights of having a North American market CE back home in Italy! We came to a deal, he arranged shipping and pickup, and Giallo went home in 2014, IIRC. Giallo got stripped down, completely refurbished, and became a stunning weekend driver and show car.
Great story.

How was the condition of the car when you sold it?

Did it need a complete refurbishment?

Glad it went to a good home.

Thanks

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:46 PM

Garage
It was in "good" condition, but it did need some minor work, like new valve guides (some clatter, no matter how carefully they were adjusted). Exhaust, 2nd gear synchro, a couple of minor dimples, but overall a very nice driver. He wanted a show car, and he got it done. He and his wife own an official FIAT-Alfa-Lancia service center, and they are terrific folks as we got to know them.

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:21 AM

94 CE

I know of one in Toronto,
Will ask ifits for sale.
Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode