For Sale 1965 Giulia Spider 1600 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

1965 Giulia Spider 1600

Time has come, I'm selling my Spider, its all original, its on Bring a Trailer now: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...a-spider-1600/

I've gone thru the whole car mechanically, from nose to tail, new springs, shocks, tires, bushings, fuel pump, water pump, re-built carb, dipped gas tank, flushed and rodded radiator, everything works, lights, heater, wipers, even replaced the footwell floor pans. Car is 100% hop in turn key and it starts, single carb 32 solex, 5 speed, no crunching of gears, steers tight and straight, disc brakes up front with new lines and pads.

You can give me flack about the seats... I know, I have the original passenger seat but it needs restoration. The seats in it are from a 91 Spider recovered to match the red, and they are comfortable!

You can really drive this car anywhere without hassle, or restore it further, I found it, it had been sitting since 1982, so went through the whole car making it a perfect driver but leaving it cosmetically alone. I'm sure I've done other things to it too that I'm leaving out, but its a great car for someone that want something honest.
Attached Images

alfaloco likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:11 PM

Hi Evan,
You can’t end the story here. How am I going to get my monthly update in Octane?
Free postage to Australia?!
This car needs to be left as is and just driven. Good luck with the sale
Regards Daniel
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Daniel, I guess the real question is... What am I going to replace it with??? And well, It just sold this afternoon, I was doing a compression check for a perspective buyer at the shop when a customer inquired... and we struck a deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:16 PM

Zagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaEvan View Post
Thanks Daniel, I guess the real question is... What am I going to replace it with??? And well, It just sold this afternoon, I was doing a compression check for a perspective buyer at the shop when a customer inquired... and we struck a deal.
I was going to ask what you are going to replace it with.

Let me guess, you found a crusty Zagato thatís been in hibernation for 40 years in a climate controlled garage.
Youíve just changed the fluids and tyres, topped up the fuel and it started first go.
Youíve already driven it down Coast highway at Sunset and have taken some lovely photos of it. The light is right, coffee great and the exhaust is tinking as it cools. Sound correct?

Iíll probably have to wait for the Octane story.

Regards Daniel
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:13 AM

I guessed that one would sell quick.
a rough diamond....so nice to see these days, when everything is restored to death.
Karter7 likes this.

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:48 AM

Garage
Sold?

Bugger.. I was going to bid
(It’s still up on BAT?)
Karter7 likes this.

'66 1600 Duetto | '73 1600 GTJunior | '03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon | '11 Giulietta QV (wow, revelation) | I really don't need this many Alfa's...
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:28 AM

Shipping to Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_m67 View Post
Sold?

Bugger.. I was going to bid
(Itís still up on BAT?)
Hi Craig,
I put a note on BAT. Happy to chat regarding importation to Australia.
You will just have to find another one to buy.

Regards Daniel
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:28 AM

Garage
Cheers Daniel,
If/when I secure one I’ll be in touch

BAT seems to be accepting bids on this still?

'66 1600 Duetto | '73 1600 GTJunior | '03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon | '11 Giulietta QV (wow, revelation) | I really don't need this many Alfa's...
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_m67 View Post
Cheers Daniel,
If/when I secure one Iíll be in touch

BAT seems to be accepting bids on this still?
According to the BAT FAQ, they do not cancel listings once they start. https://bringatrailer.com/faq/#colla...-once-its-live
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Yes, BAT is letting it run, I can't answer any questions though on BAT, since they're really upset with me. I am curious to see how high bidding would of gone.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

@Karter7 I wish I had found a crusty old Zagato... I'm not sure what is next, I need something reliable, but the word Alfa and Reliable aren't usually used in the same sentence though... hahahahaha, I love my Super, its really a bit of a hooligan, so I was thinking of something more relaxed... 1980's GTV6 maybe... with real live bosch injection and that sweet 6.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Yes, BAT is letting it run, I can't answer any questions though on BAT, since they're really upset with me. I am curious to see how high bidding would of gone.
that seems to be an understatement.. ouch.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...a-spider-1600/
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:40 PM

Making a contract to sell with an entity such as BaT is a serious step. Backing out of such a contract is also a serious step. The seller should/could have handled this much better.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 PM

Miata?

Quote:
@Karter7 I wish I had found a crusty old Zagato... I'm not sure what is next, I need something reliable, but the word Alfa and Reliable aren't usually used in the same sentence though... hahahahaha, I love my Super, its really a bit of a hooligan, so I was thinking of something more relaxed... 1980's GTV6 maybe... with real live bosch injection and that sweet 6.
Hi Evan,
Whilst it is not an Alfa, have you considered an early Miata?
Iíve have a 1994 MX-5 (thatís what we call them here in Aus) that I have owned for 20 years. I Actually sold a very original 105 Sprint Gt for it. Gulp.
But, it been the best little all round car you could hope for. Soft top, hard top, AC, reliable, plenty of bits if you need them etc
Just a thought.
Good luck with the chase. Which is half the fun of it.
Regards Daniel
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:36 PM

Not to back one horse or another, but I recall driving a mates 1.6 MX5 and thinking...'that's the sweetest car I've driven since my Sprint Gt.'. Remarkably similar in feel.
Good on Mazda, I suppose, for making it feel as good as an old Alfa, and didn't the masses lap them up.
jjscooter likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode