For Sale 1995 Spider CE Commemorative Edition 48K miles - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

1995 Spider CE Commemorative Edition 48K miles

** Its a 1994 not 1995 ***
** Its also 66,500 Miles not 48K ***
Lesson in life...don't post early in the morning..

I own this car for almost 10 years now. Bought it to make it into a project and have a great driver. At the time I was still living abroad so it sat in my warehouse for some time. I had it brought to running condition by a local Alfa guy and then registered it. The car had some rust spots so I ended up bringing it to my body guy who worked on all my Ferraris. The car was there for 3 years and he repainted it, did some body work and today it has a new paint job. Then I took it to my upholstry guy and had the seats and dash recovered. Still missing a B-frame interior panel though and would benefit rom new carpet.
I am 6.3 and although I had a 1991 in Europe in 1991 the steering w heel in the US must be bigger and I am having a tough time with getting my legs in place, Maybe I am just too old to compromise certain comforts anymore...no idea. I bought a new steering wheel that is smaller and a hub for it but have not done the exchange yet.

The car was involved in some sort of accident where the previous owner ran over a curb and damaged suspension parts. That was in 2007 and the insurance totaled the car. I change the title at DMV to a rebuilt because it was rebuilt and it passed inspection.

The car is registered but sitting in my garage and is not driven at all. I don't have time and need the space.
I know I will never get my money back for what I put in but this is really a car that is worth saving.

Today it needs a idler bearing for the pulley. The belt whines. The main gauges are mostly not working. Speedometer has stopped working in 2006 at the accident (probably a cable that needs to be traced) but honestly I did not drive more than 150 miles during my time if that and before the car was not drivable so the odometer is pretty accurate.

In the repaint they made a mistake of painting the air intake for the AC in black instead of body color. The rear does not have the Alfa and CE logos attached but they come with the car. Oh yes, it also has a new top installed (2018)

This is one of the last 180 Spiders made. I will consider reasonable offers. CE plate on the glove compartment.

asking $9500
(pictures were taken 2/2018 but it looks the same today. Has not been driven since.
Attached Images

Last edited by MartinWie; 03-22-2019 at 01:28 PM. Reason: wrong year in headline....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:28 AM

Just curious, what is the CE #?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

I am out of the Country and from my recollection it is either 74 or 76
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

some more pictures
Attached Images

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
Any pics of the interior?

Thanks

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:52 PM

Garage
If this is a CE, where is the wood inlay on the upper door trim? And the console? The dash plaque?

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:00 PM

Garage
or the nose Emblem?

hz
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:03 AM

The VIN# shows it to be car number 74/190 in the CE registry.

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:47 AM

Garage
Then let's see more photo documentation of the well known CE features, unless somebody has unwisely redone the interior and stripped them out. How likely is that?

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode