For Sale 1971 Alfa romeo spider for sale! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:04 PM

Garage
If you look at the Fusi Production Numbers, an 0551 motor is correct for a U.S. model 1971 1750 Spider.

The 0548 engine numbers weren’t used on the U.S. Spec cars, although they were in other parts of the world.

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...tml#post235665

A tip of the hat to Tubut who originally posted them back in 2006.

71 Spider

Last edited by Lokki; 01-11-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charli View Post
Mr Jethro ,there is always room to learn something about Alfa Engines! 00551 means 1750 ! or not? you must be a hell of an expert I must say.
Oh 551 is a Spica motor? That makes sense. Is this car still running Spica? I know a lot of people swap out the front timing cover if they're doing a carburettor conversion.

64 Sprint GT (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
73 GTV 2000 (in the barn)
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro Bronner View Post
Oh 551 is a Spica motor? That makes sense. Is this car still running Spica? I know a lot of people swap out the front timing cover if they're doing a carburettor conversion.
Yeahhhhhhhh bingo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Some improvements were made since the Add was up!
I have installed a new Fuel filter regulator from Italy....also the rubber fuel lines to be on the safe side.
This car is up running and drivable any-were cross country.
Serious buyer's please send email to my private mail.

Price $15.000 bellow book value.
Thanks much.
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 12:54 AM

Garage
Great looking Spider!

I have a 1971 also - great little car!

Here are some things I know about my 1971:
1. My car has the original motor, a 2000, not a 1750.
2. It came with a SPICA system and was changed to dual Webers.
3. The battery is at the front left of the engine compartment. Interesting that your battery is in the trunk. Original or did they modify.
4. Badges on the tail = Iniezione on the left and Alfa Romeo on the right.

If I didn't have my 1971, I'd be a player on your car.

Good luck! You should be able to sell it pretty easily. Right color and looks nice.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobroker View Post
Great looking Spider!

I have a 1971 also - great little car!

Here are some things I know about my 1971:
1. My car has the original motor, a 2000, not a 1750.
2. It came with a SPICA system and was changed to dual Webers.
3. The battery is at the front left of the engine compartment. Interesting that your battery is in the trunk. Original or did they modify.
4. Badges on the tail = Iniezione on the left and Alfa Romeo on the right.

If I didn't have my 1971, I'd be a player on your car.

Good luck! You should be able to sell it pretty easily. Right color and looks nice.
Thanks for your kind words, indeed its a beautiful car that needs nothing at this point and time.
With regards to your question on the battery.....yes it was modified, removed from the front engine compartment and replaced on the Trunk....this way the engine has more space. The Iniezione his the correct emblem to be on the left rear tail of the car instead my 2000....my guess was to fool alfa owners. my brother ones had a Mitsubishi diesel Truck and he installed a Alfa Center grill, that did not make it an ALFA TRUCK, however lots of folks that don't know any better though it was an Alfa eheheheheh. Have a great day!
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:18 AM

Garage
Good info about the battery relocation. I was thinking of doing the same thing to my '71. I have a 1980 and a 1982 Spider that has the battery in the trunk - same location as yours.

FYI, the 1980 and 1982 don't drive like the '71. Nor do they have the same "cool factor". Chrome bumpers, cool interior, carbs vs SPICA or Bosch!

I think you'll have no problem getting your asking price for the car. Gorgeous body, fun to drive, responsive, open air, mechanical feel, the right color (red), great condition and Webers! For a modest amount of money, your '71 Alfa will make someone really happy.

Happy selling!
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Cool Bump 71 Spider Price reduced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobroker View Post
Good info about the battery relocation. I was thinking of doing the same thing to my '71. I have a 1980 and a 1982 Spider that has the battery in the trunk - same location as yours.

FYI, the 1980 and 1982 don't drive like the '71. Nor do they have the same "cool factor". Chrome bumpers, cool interior, carbs vs SPICA or Bosch!

I think you'll have no problem getting your asking price for the car. Gorgeous body, fun to drive, responsive, open air, mechanical feel, the right color (red), great condition and Webers! For a modest amount of money, your '71 Alfa will make someone really happy.

Happy selling!
thanks for your input!
Indeed its a very nice car and very reliable, needs nothing at this moment will make someone very happy.
Attached Images

post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 04:42 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Have you tried putting your car on Bring A trailer?

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Have you tried putting your car on Bring A trailer?
NO not yet....the spring is also near will see.
thanks for the input.
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:36 AM

So many questions...I have the nearly identical car in Southern California that I did a bare metal restoration on in 2003.

Why is the battery in the trunk?
$43.6K NADA estimate??? Would you please post a link to that data?
My original 1750 engine has a spin on filter - was it modified before I bought the car in '92 (seems unlikely). My '65 Giulietta Veloce had a canister filter (giant PITA), that we modified to accept a Jag spin on...

Terrific to see another 1750 being well cared for! Congrats and GTWTS!
Attached Images

tirefriar likes this.
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

71 alfa romeo spider NADA PRICE GUIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbelcap View Post
So many questions...I have the nearly identical car in Southern California that I did a bare metal restoration on in 2003.

Why is the battery in the trunk?
$43.6K NADA estimate??? Would you please post a link to that data?
My original 1750 engine has a spin on filter - was it modified before I bought the car in '92 (seems unlikely). My '65 Giulietta Veloce had a canister filter (giant PITA), that we modified to accept a Jag spin on...

Terrific to see another 1750 being well cared for! Congrats and GTWTS!
NADA Price guide; Today March 04-2019
Original MSRP $4,595.00 LOW RETAIL $16,200 AVERAGE RETAIL $27,500 HIGH RETAIL $44,500
Picture attach from the site taken today.
Indeed has I said before, beginning of this listing the price has gone up some.... and it will keep going up.Name:  SAM_4281.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  222.4 KB
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Bump! Hey guys I am back to recover from my Surgery 2 weeks ago. The Spider must go now....serious inquiries can be sent to my private mail....open to best offer.
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Bump! available with significant price drop.....serious inquire only. Please inquire private mail.
Happy Easter!
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Bump! shipping included in the asking price....any-were cross USA.
Must sell urgent.....only serious buyers please forward message to private mail.
Thanks to all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode