Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1988 Milano Verde in CA

For Sale 
5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  justcallmefred 
#1 · (Edited)
For sale: 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde with 106K miles. Leaks oil in all of the expected places. Dry rotted tires, tired interior, usual electrical problems. California, single owner car. Tons of fun to drive when it works. Ran when parked 10 years ago. Engine turns freely and ran roughly for a few minutes when we rolled it out of the garage yesterday to take photos. Located in San Luis Obispo CA. Motivated seller. Would like to have it hauled away this week. PM for links to more photos or additional info. $1500/offer.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
replies

I just realized I can't PM. So to answer some of your questions: No accidents, just California baked paint (through the clear-coat but color coat is good.) Yes started on old gas. Just wanted to see if it would crank. We jumped it and let it run for a few minutes. Ran rough (5 cylinders) but started without any tinkering. Front seats are split, but there is two yards of Recaro fabric in the trunk. More photos at Flickr. Just go to flicker_dot_com_slash_GeorgeCo

#8 ·
Thanks George. We are going to pick it up.tomorrow and attempt to drive it home. If anyone has any suggestions for working with a Milano that has sat for a long time I'm all ears

If anyone wants to vicariously go on this adventure with @Caxny and I, im going to post to Instagram along the way. Hope.to get the initial startup on video, etc..

Instagram handle is alfaddiction. Just set it up - please follow me!

Until tomorrow....

Reactions: Caxny
#10 ·
Don't Drive it home for the love of god...........That timing belt is probably crispier than a 2 year olds diaper

#12 ·
Can you recommend how to inspect it? I assume the cover comes off pretty easily as it seems pretty exposed there on the front, but can you really judge condition of it visually? Also, I don't know if they tend to break at high revs or will break idling -- we definitely plan to keep the rpms low.

#11 ·
I agree, if you are thinking of driving this particular car all the way to Maryland, I sure wouldn't without having the timing belt changed. You could easily end up in Nowhere, New Mexico, or wherever, with trashed valves.

#13 ·
Good news (maybe) -- found some records. It last passed smog in 2016, but more importantly had timing belt replaced in 2009. Brake calipers were replaced in 2010. So it's been sitting for about 2.5 years. I'll send more details when I get the printout from the shop, I just got that over the phone.

#15 ·
Thanks George! Yes please send us all the info you can, timing belt is the biggest concern right now. If you can find out the mileage at which it was replaced and also give us the name and phone # of the shop that did the work in case we need to call them that would be outstanding.

We are in Camarillo -- hit the usual LA traffic.

Thanks - very excited!

#14 ·
2009! -- yeah that belt needs to be changed before it is driven anywhere.

Good luck!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.