Wanted GTV6 in good condition - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

GTV6 in good condition

I am looking for a well kept GTV6,for a project, to put in my stable and enjoy for week-ends spirited drives......

If you know where to locate one please let me know, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Platinum Subscriber

You should let us know where you are located. I am not going to sell you mine but you can "experience" it if you are near by.
I met an Italian guy with a Stelvio at the local cars and coffee yesterday. He was enthusiastic about my GTV6 as he had not seen one in a long time. They are great handling cars.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500
2011 Jaguar XKR

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Ed I'm in Boston hence a bit far from you. If we were closer I would have been willing to swap cars for a short drive.
I have a 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 08:11 AM

I've been looking for a great 84-86 GTV6 for over a year. Even posted a WTB on this board. While there have been some leads, I haven't been successful.

I'm willing to pay top dollar for a great car.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 10:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche 911 View Post
I am looking for a well kept GTV6,for a project, to put in my stable and enjoy for week-ends spirited drives......

If you know where to locate one please let me know, thanks!
I'm not too far away, although mine's not for sale... They pop up on CL around here in the Northeast on an irregular basis, usually distressed, but worth surfing around now that spring looks like it might actually happen. I'll PM you a source in VT and the Berkshires too.

For top dollar, just go to Hemmings.

Cheers,
- Art

2007 Aston DB9, 1994 Alfa 164 LS, 1982 Alfa GTV6 Balocco SE, 1975 Maserati Bora, 1967 Plymouth Satellite convertible, 1965 Plymouth Satellite hardtop
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 06:58 PM

Hi mine is up for sale On eBay as we speak
1984 gtv6 red black leather interior
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 09:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to kevindeh
Hi, I saw that on eBay, in the pictures it looks like a different red than Rosso Alfa, possibly even metallic, or is that the afternoon sun? No dark grey lower paint, so I assume it's been repainted which would be expected after 30+ years. The ride height looks like North America spec. The rear deck name plate and the round badge look different than what I thought was current in 1984, and the wheels are a lighter color than 1984, at least in the US; these all look like 1982. Come to think of it, 1982s also didn't have the lower grey trim. Were they possibly different for Canada? Though the desert air package appears to be present, with the second condensor under the dash, which I had assumed was just in the US Southwest and I think was available from 1984 on. I note no dash cracks behind the dash hood around the defroster vents - if that's recovered, nice job, way nicer than the plastic overlay dash caps which have been the only easy choice for fixing these.
I didn't want to ask any of this on eBay, lest it look like I was trying to run the car down for some reason; as these are finally moving into collector price ranges the details will become important as collectors become interested instead of enthusiasts.

Nicest GTV6 that's been on the market in at least a year, in my very humble opinion (I am no authority). There have been sales of these in the 20s, so good luck with the sale.

For the original poster on this thread, here's the eBay link for an apparently really nice car:

http://r.ebay.com/ZuBPKa
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:26 AM

I doubt this would meet what you are looking to find, but I'll throw it out as an option to consider if you can't find your 'dream GTV6'.

If you'd consider a stout project vs a very nice and complete ALFA, you can find a terminally rusted example in the $200-400 range. I have a rust-free 1986 body shell that's been stripped of most parts. By swapping parts from a dead GTV6 onto my body, you could end up with a nice complete package for much cheaper than finding a great driver. Plus, parts left over as spares or to sell. You'd certain be fully familiarized with GTV6s by the end of the project! :- )

I'm in Vermont, and you're in Boston. This option would be a healthy project for sure. But now you have an extra route to be considering.

Peter
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 11:14 PM

I have a 1986 GTV6 that I might put up for sale soon. Has a 3 liter from a Verde and other goodies. PM me if you're interested.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:17 PM

There are two I know of in the NW (Portland-Seattle)
If I help broker the deal, I don't want a finder's fee, I want you to pay me to transport it personally to you. (Hello Montana roads)
Robert
503-267-2800
John533i likes this.

"Cruisin' down the street in my 164" - Easy E
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs View Post
Hi mine is up for sale On eBay as we speak
1984 gtv6 red black leather interior
Car looks beautiful. Does look like a metallic red, maybe it's the pictures. Could you post the link to the additional pictures please. Thx...

87 Maserati Biturbo Spider since new, 13 Abarth 500
16 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to levp
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAndAlfas View Post
I have a 1986 GTV6 that I might put up for sale soon. Has a 3 liter from a Verde and other goodies. PM me if you're interested.
Hi
I have a friend that is looking for a GTV6. Shouldn't be perfect, but not a rust bucket.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Garage
Red GTV6 - CT

FOR SALE...good looking and good running, very clean inside and out. PM if interested
Mark Gregory likes this.

79 Alfetta - Sprint Veloce - Bronze
79 Alfetta - Sport Sedan - White

Last edited by stefmiesterb; 04-29-2019 at 02:27 PM.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Getting rare! Rarely see them for sale and most are not in very good condition, especially the prices they ask for?
Taking my White one out this year, promise Mark.
Owned her 30 years. Over 10 years in hibernation. Gonna go through her before the 1st ride.
Towing her to me buddy Jeff, he sold me that one as well. 4K
Good luck finding a Good GTV6.
stefmiesterb likes this.

AlfasRule!

1972 Montreal (The Pumpkin)
1975 Alfetta Sedan
1975 Alfetta Coupe Race Car
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
1987 Milano (Da NEW Winta Beata)
1987 Milano Verde(Da kREDden Mobile)
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:40 PM

Trouble with selling a good GTV6 is no one will pay you what it's worth. So buyers are stuck with only bad ones to choose from.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode