For Sale 1965 Giulia Sprint GT - Original non-restored AR612535 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 07:57 PM

PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 08:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grossato View Post
This car has the radio situation very well documented. I have the original letter proving the different options in radio, the original purchase order and all the user guides + some more than what is attached. Itís incredible!
Very nice documentation, my only point was radios were an option... a gorgeous car ..

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 05:41 AM

Call you for a price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 04:24 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Re: tach, just for point of comparison my 65 Sprint GT was in the middle of the production for 105.02s (chassis 612105) and similarly has no redline.
Attached Images

'58 Giulietta Sprint Veloce (Blu Notte)
'65 Giulia Sprint GT Coupe (Rosso)
'58 Lancia Aurelia B24S Convertible
Other stuff (air cooled 911s, British sports racer, etc)
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
My Sprint GT was the 6th production one made and it came with US gauges. Don't know any more about the tach with no redline, except I've personally never seen another without it. The car came with no seat belts and no side mirrors. And, yes, the bumpers were chrome plated single piece, as I had to get one fixed after a drunk rolled his car into the rear. The car did have a Blaupunkt (Frankfurt?) radio in it but don't know when it was installed, since I bought the car slightly used from my mechanic Carlo who had brought the car into the country new from Genoa.

Of course, I have no idea where the car is now, being stored for many years by a fellow Boeing engineer who bought it from me in 75. I'm sure he sold it eventually to someone else, as he did with Braino's Junior Z we had brought in from Scotland for the fellow engineer.
What year was the build?? The 64 1600 Sprint GT we have was Built around 1/13/1964 AR601571 was always in Europe until 3 years ago...

Tom
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 06:36 PM

Is there a price on this car?

Henry
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 04:58 AM

Haven't seen one so far.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:03 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis View Post
It is listed on the seller's website at $69k

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
It is listed on the seller's website at $69k
Thanks

Henry
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfajay View Post
I must be in an argumentative mood this afternoon! Not sure that is the case. My 105.02 Sprint GT was built fairly late in the run (it is #616147) and has no redline marked on the tach. My guess is that all 105.02's were delivered that way.
1st series Supers, the first with round gauges, had no redlines from March until mid-Octiber 1965. They also had orange dash directional repeaters.
Attached Images

lee88 and Tom Frasca like this.

Last edited by Anfanuts; 04-28-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add pics
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
1st series Supers, the first with round gauges, had no redlines from March until mid-Octiber 1965. They also had orange dash directional repeaters.
My Gulia Sprint has orange directionals, I thought it was a reproduction!!! Always learn something on ABB.
lee88 likes this.

Tom
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 09:54 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Il Barbuto
Best wishes for the sale, the car looks super nice and correct.

I own AR611519, manufactured 2/5/1965. It's a red US market car with grey skai interior that I believe was originally delivered in Colorado, now in Tennessee. Also carries the one-piece bumpers.
I just looked, the tach has no redline. Gauges are in miles.
No four-way flashers.
Orange directionals.
Hood prop on the right side.
Radio installed, see image.
Attached Images

Il Barbuto
1960 Giulietta Spider Normale, 1965 Giulia Sprint GT, 1973 Giulia Super 1300

Last edited by Il Barbuto; 04-30-2018 at 11:14 AM.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 12:49 PM

My old car.
You know...the one I should have never sold!
GLWTS!

1959 Alfa Giulietta Spider / 1970 BOSS 302 / 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Conv. / 1999 BMW Z3 / 1963 Jeep CJ5
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis View Post
An inflated one. 69K Beautiful car but with the engine and transmission fully overhauled isn't that "restored" ?

Last edited by ciao55; 05-01-2018 at 04:29 AM.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 03:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciao55 View Post
An inflated one. 69K Beautiful car but with the engine and transmission fully overhauled isn't that "restored" ?
No...
cucinando and Giovanni64 like this.

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode