For Sale I love reading ebay Alfa ads - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary Williams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

I love reading ebay Alfa ads

1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 --

The above ad offers this interesting description: "The body is original to the car ..."

Duh! If you take away the unibody from a unibody car, what's left, wheels and tires?

1974 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTV2000 | eBay

This dealer ad is pretty good, too: "This Alpha Romeo 2000 GTV is a fine example of Italian history that was locally owned here in North Carolina for almost a decade. The previous owner was a huge car enthusiast and gave this GTV all of the attention it needed and deserved. It was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro while at Bertone, and was a welcome favorite from its introduction. The engine is a 1962cc Twin-Cam and the transmission is a 5 speed limited slip differential. These Alpha Romeos have become very collectible in the past few years and are increasing in value."

You don't need to be an English teacher to have fun with this ad. For instance, "The previous owner was a huge car enthusiast..." This suggestions that you might want to look for extra wear to the driver's seat, if you get my drift. Or, how about the 5 speed limited slip differential? Sometimes, less is better. As is spelling the car's name correctly when trying to attract an enthusiast.

Gary Williams
Washington State
'67 GTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:20 PM

Garage
But wait- "Turn the key and this freshly built piece of work is capable of over 200HP"; "The Mechanical fuel injection is a nice feature and helps with delivering that exact amount of gas and air." The pics show carbs...

Bid with confidence- seller has almost 80% positive rating...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:56 PM

Garage
The Black Rims are horrible...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frasca View Post
The Black Rims are horrible...
Yea, they really are.

But to my eye, the shoulder harness anchors are the real abomination. If anyone here buys this car, please relocate them to a higher point.

Jay Mackro
San Juan Capistrano, CA

'63 Guilia spider
'65 Guilia Sprint GT
'67 Duetto
'91 164L
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Garfinkel View Post
But wait- "Turn the key and this freshly built piece of work is capable of over 200HP"; "The Mechanical fuel injection is a nice feature and helps with delivering that exact amount of gas and air." The pics show carbs...

Bid with confidence- seller has almost 80% positive rating...
I missed that the silver Alfa has carbs instead of injection. That says a lot about the sales team at this dealership. They sell cars to enthusiasts without knowing anything about their product.

The claim to 200 hp doesn't bother me. Most everyone with a modified engine lies about how much horsepower their car has. Of course, with this one there is nothing to indicate the motor has been rebuilt, let alone extensively modified. Chances are this one has about half the horsepower claimed in the ad. That's about right when considering the normal used car salesman to truth ratio. (Apologies to honest used car salesmen on the forum. Your rarity makes you someone to be treasured. )
Tom Frasca likes this.

Gary Williams
Washington State
'67 GTV
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I always like when a car is described as an Alfa Romeo Iniezione.

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode