FS 1991 Automatic Spider & 1983 Veloce & 1991 164 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

FS 1991 Automatic Spider & 1983 Veloce & 1991 164

A new Alfa adventure is dialing my number so I am selling one, and maybe two, of my beloved Spiders.

#1: 1991 Spider Veloce Automatic, answers to "Serena," very rare car, less than 800 built 1991-1993. Photos at: http://photos.alfa-base.com/1991 Green with tan leather, and about 70,000 miles. The car had new paint when I got it but a tiny ding in the front so being a perfectionist I wound up stripping and repainting it from the windshield forward just last month. The car also has a new tan cloth top from Duetto motors, new windshield, new battery, new Pirelli P6000 tires, all since May. The automatic tranny is a ZF unit modified from the BMW 3-series. It suits the car well and works great. This car looks so good my best friend is using it in his wedding Sept. 9, after which it is available. It's not easy to find a good automatic Spider for under $10,000 and as rare as they are they should be worth more, so how does $8,200 OBO sound?

#2: 1983 Spider Veloce, answers to "Rinata." Photos at: http://photos.alfa-base.com/Rinata This is my favorite modern Spider ever and I am only very reluctantly even thinking of selling her. Bare metal restoration 2006, repainted the original Celeste Blue Metallico #365 with blue interior. New custom blue cloth top from Duetto Motors. Deep blue metallic hardtop to match interior. Interior refurbished with new seats and refinished original wood steering wheel. All instruments work, so do power windows. Roll bar installed when the car was new. Excellent CD stereo with wakeboard speakers mounted to the rollbar for terrific top-down sound. IAP performance headers, performance air filter setup, new shocks, valve adjustment, and all maintenance up to date. This car came in 2nd in Class F by 2 seconds at the 2007 AROC Convention time trials, then earned 79.3 points in the concours the next day. Oh, and it drove 1,100 trouble-free miles to and from the Convention and could do it again tomorrow. 112,000 miles total, completely documented with a binder full of documents through three owners. I am nuts to even think about selling Rinata but offers over $10,000 (including hardtop and spare set of seats) are welcome.

3) I also have a 1991 silver 164L with a lot of nice features, a good looking, nice running car, available for $3,200 OBO. A/C, CD stereo, grey leather, sunroof.

Thanks a million!
Brewster
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 09:53 AM

Just plain sad when you have to sell 2 of your children. Good luck in the sale(s).

Loud pipes save lives.

1973 GTV - bought 3/06, intend to keep forever
1969 GTV, #AR1530021 - sold 10/72, guess didn't intend to keep forever
Current project: '69 Corvette bought in '73, DD '73 - '80, in storage 1989-2002, now apart
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
the green automatic alfa - is the whole car repainted? the doors and front look like a different shade.

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Brewster originally stated he repainted it from the windshield forward just last month. That (or the photo) might account for the difference.

[I]"It's the best in class by default, because it's the only thing in its class." [/I]
~Richard Hammond on the Alfa 4C

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gordy Hyde[/FONT][/B][/I]
AROC-USA Secretary
Home chapter - NWARC
1971 Junior Zagato 1750 (1800605)
1974 Spider 2000 Iniezione (no carbs)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Brewster,

Do tell what 'other Alfa' has you selling both of these cars!?

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Answers on the Alfas

The 1991 Automatic was freshly repainted when I bought it, but on the front there was a one-inch dent and the nose and bumper had not been properly sanded. I stripped everything from the windshield forward, got it as nice as I wanted it, primed it and had it painted. My shop is excellent and they got the color dead on... which the other shop had not, thus there is a subtle difference in the paint from the windshield forwar vs. the windshield back. That is part of why the price is $8,200 OBO.

As to Alex's question about what other Alfa project, I have decided this fall/winter is the time to do some long anticipated work on my '61 Giulietta Spider, Bella Teodora, and return her to her original gray paint color after three decades of being red. Selling the green automatic will fund that. Selling the '83 would allow me to get a good tow vehicle, but that is a low priority and that car is only for sale if it is worth more to someone else than it is to me. I adore that car but my wife hates it, and we both like her red '91.

(Thus no sympathy is needed--I'll still have 2-3 Alfas minimum!)

Cheers,
Brewster
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to the_sicilian
where is the seller located?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////The Sicilian ~ Guido
1990 Spider motronic
1974 Spider 1750
Los Angeles, CA

If your wife has ever had to say, "hey move this thermostatic actuator so i can make dinner"...you might be an alfisti.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

The cars are in Arlington VA

My bad! I forgot to say where I am. Arlington, VA, which is six miles west of Washington, D.C. I am very open to helping with delivery, either personally or by loading the car if you sent a shipper, or best of all meeting a buyer when they come to the DC area. All of these cars are ready to drive cross-country, and if you wanted anything checked or modified before a trip I could arrange to have it done by good, affordable Alfa techs here. As to shipping, I have shipped cars cross-country for $800-$1,000 and to Florida for about $500.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

164L for sale

I have photos and information on the 164L at: http://photos.alfa-base.com/164L

Don't worry about the asking price, I am eager to sell this car and all offers including trades are welcome. My friend Jack left it with me when he moved to Israel and I love the car but it is one too many in the fleet right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode