1984 Alfa Romeo GTV6 for sale - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

1984 Alfa Romeo GTV6 for sale

Hurts to say goodbye! Safely stored in SoCal where it has spent most of its life. Starts and runs, but needs some TLC and a new interior. Body is straight and clean and engine does run strong. Has tasteful simple mods, mild cams, shankle springs and lowering, rides a tad stiff but hugs corners despite old tires. I would love to invest a bit of time and money and really enjoy it...I've been putting off a restoration for over 5 years and have to be realistic....other dreams demand cash now....first $2800 is going to take her away...there's room for haggling and I can dig up pictures, but the car is 400 miles from where I am right now and when I stored it I thought I was going to keep it! 916-743-6695 Matt

Best thing is that it is extremely clean externally. A great basis for a great restoration because there is no metal work to do! Dark Green exterior, sliding factory sunroof (manual type)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 05:58 AM

photos

Hello, is the car still available and do you have photos?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

uploaded photo....still have the GTV6 after several contacts with prospective buyers...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Hmmm. Neat car! What was the original color?

I wonder - is this the GTV6 that was stolen, and then recovered? There can't be too many green w/ Compomotive that meet that description...

Rob
Alfas first, then everything else.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 02:24 PM

Garage
Is this car still available?

Patrick
'84 GTV6
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:30 AM

Do you have any more pictures that you could post?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

1984 gtv for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcio4us View Post
uploaded photo....still have the GTV6 after several contacts with prospective buyers...
1984 GTV6 still for sale ($2100 now vs 2800 above) - had a buyer all lined up at $2400 - was on the way to close the deal - get car prepped etc. and he pulled out. He was not familiar enough with the breed and was wisely warned off by mechanic friends who had not seen my car but warned against a project....a person unfamiliar with Alfas should heed those warnings - they can be fun cars to make a project of but the project rarely is a deal in the long run.

SO, I have lots of pictures which I can send via text and eventually will download to my computer and upload here and start again...since last update my mother had a stroke, so I am more than a little pre-occupied but the necessity for selling has increased. She is at $2100 right now - 916-743-6695 I had somewhere around 10 of you out there showing varying degrees of interest but no one is following through now and the inquiries are too far buried in my inbox to dig up who is who so we are starting over.

Rust free - runs good, good synchros in the transaxle including 2nd gear....good doughnuts, but needs an interior and has a recently discovered bugaboo/problem that is a concern: lights do not work - they did before I was deployed overseas so somewhere along the line a combo witch or fuseable link or something has failed. This omission on my part from previous discussion is because I only discovered the problem after Barber Shop of Sacramento had failed to address it...Barber's Shop automotive of Sacramento have done most of the work on this car over the years although they took $2300 in repairs from me without diagnosing the light issue. The estimate was for $1800....the work was good until I realized they had not told me about the electrical issue - the car had been stored in my garage and was getting some attention after I returned from being deployed for a long deployment.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Hi Still have it? Send pictures to [email protected] Thanks, Bob
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 12:40 PM

Hi can you send pictures to [email protected]

Thanks
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:15 PM

Is this vehicle still avaiable? Where is this vehicle located? Please send pics to [email protected]
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:13 AM

I'd come drive it home to Seattle if only the lights worked. Is it a relay problem you think?
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 AM

could you send pictures to [email protected]
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 06:16 PM

gtv6

Any pics of the interior? Im in Monterey/Carmel and could visit the car.
[email protected]
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 08:00 AM

Garage
My old GTV6! Paint still looks decent. Car was originally root beer brown metallic (with bad clear coat). Zero rust. I sold it many years ago. The transaxle I sold it with had lightened gears (courtesy of Alfa Parts Exchange). Not sure what recent owners have done for mods. Glad to see it out there. If I didn't have 6 cars currently….
Attached Images

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 01:21 PM

Garage
Car still for sale?

Is this car still for sale? I'm very familiar with these cars and would like to find a complete car, if a project. Hopefully not too sun-baked interior other than seats.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode