For Sale 1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV - with AC! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV - with AC!

Selling my 1750 GTV. I bought this car 5yrs ago with the engine fully restored but the rest as a project... spent far too much to get it up to my standards. As a result it has been in storage for about 4yrs and it saddens me to see it there and not used other than to turn it on, drive around the block and back in. I intended to restore it to make it my daily driver but after finishing, I didn’t have the heart to let it sustain the burdens of normal wear and tear. The result is that I only get to see it twice a day in the garage.

The paint exterior was redone twice in 2010 back to back. The first time, I tried to get the original silver (more of a navy ship grey) I didn’t like it and had it re-done to this more vibrant silver which I prefer. I also had the side flash lights removed and the holes covered because I didn’t like them. All the other exterior accessories were also renewed.

The interior is completely new. New leather seats front and back, new carpeting, headliner, wood trim, I installed a CD/MP3/USB connection and a new radio which is out of sight under the steering wheel to maintain the original look, as are the controls to the powerful AC unit I also added. I have the original steering wheel if you don’t like the sportier version which prefer. She is fuel injection.

The car has recently been fully tuned up so she is ready to run as soon as I set her free.

Room for improvement: the dashboard was the only thing I didn’t restore – it seemed like a large and expensive proposition with no guarantee that it wouldn’t crack again. So I have the plastic cover which looks fine – in fact I never glued it on so it’s up to the new buyer to do what he wants with it. The paint job is still great, a minor spot near the rear windshield but nothing noticeable, I also didn’t have the engine compartment painted as it was pretty good to start with and engine was already re-done so I didn’t want to go through that again.

$30,000
car is located in Fairfax, Virginia
Attached Images

Last edited by AMGR; 06-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode