For Sale Giulia Super, 2L, white/gray-black, Austin - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Location: Beacon, NY which is in Dutchess County...the Hudson Valley. I'm about an hour and a half North of NYC.
Beautiful car, hard to believe it is still available. I wish I could scrape up enough cash. I'll be regretting this next year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 AM

A really tempting offer Bruce but I have to clear something out first - Have you gone mad and developed a need for a German cabrio ('91 Porsche 944S2/44k miles)?
Oh well, I Didn't think so.
Good luck with your sale and have fun picking up the next one in Europe.

Long ago I owned Italian cars - Alfa/Lancia/Fiat. After 28 years without an Italian in my garage (excluding Mopeds and Scooters) one is back. '86 GTV6
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
We're being anorakish here, but "Super" doesn't describe the line of Giulia sedans, though it's a common misuse. Super is one (or two) model(s) of many in the Giulia sedan line.

I bought my first Giulia in 1977, everyone thought it was hideous at the time. Almost no one liked them then.

Andrew
In the NL, they call Giulia sedans simply "Giulias" or "Juul" as a nickname, GT's are nicknamed "Bertone's", and spiders are usually called "Duettos". I am told told also that Juul's are also generically but incorrectly called "Supers" for the entire line and then discussion differentiates which model. We are a little tighter on the term's usage here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalfisti View Post
A really tempting offer Bruce but I have to clear something out first - Have you gone mad and developed a need for a German cabrio ('91 Porsche 944S2/44k miles)?
Oh well, I Didn't think so.
Good luck with your sale and have fun picking up the next one in Europe.
I am not worried at all. I am enjoying the car and will wait out the slight market glut - it's small and slightly growing market but usually a tighter supply. It is waiting and proving itself. I plan an overnight tour in her soon.

Perhaps if I sold all my Alfas, I'd get a a half share in decent Maser 3500GT.

The name flipper disturbs me a bit as that has been suggested. What's the difference with a shop holding and restoring or refreshing a car for re-sale? All I did was finance this resto/refresh and together with the shop, added a lot of quality and value, not to mention the import hassle. IMO, I view a flip as a car that had little to no work and value added by the owner, perhaps only a fluff and fancy wheels.

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 06-09-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Platinum Subscriber

You'll love to hear that I passed up a 3500 GT Maser in 1984ish for $3000, just one of many failures-to-buy that hindsight would have assisted with.
Andrew
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
SOLD, to a great car guy and Alfisti from Houston who just spent 3 hours driving and looking it ALL over. Referred by an Alfisti mechanic who bought Benjamin 3 years ago. Very near full ask. After the thorough session, he looked at me incredulously and said, "Bruce, I can't understand why this car didn't sell in the first few days. It's far nicer than described." Who knows why; nobody who looked said, and I didn't ask. Their business; their loss. One nice thing about this car is a KNOWN fresh build and components. And it's solid and well-running. He was looking for a nice turnkey spirited driver with no drama. He'll pick it up in a month after he sorts out storage.
Attached Images

Last edited by Anfanuts; 06-23-2014 at 06:21 AM. Reason: add pics
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 12:29 PM

Congratulations

Many happy miles to the new owner.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Once again, this just proves that it's always best to buy and sell within the community. Congratulations, Bruce. He got a really good car with an exceptionally good motor. I don't care what Ben and John at Italclassic say, that motor feels like it has about 20 more hp than
stock.

Jim . . . '72 Super 1300, '70, 1750GTV, 2nd series,
'62, Lancia Flaminia Zagato3c, 2nd series

Last edited by 180OUT; 06-22-2014 at 04:06 PM.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Maybe because it's just fresh and well balanced? The new buyer seemed to like the stiff and low front springs.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 06:35 PM

Garage
Congratulations Bruce. The buyer got a nice car.

Lots of action in the Giulia Super market this month.

Dean
1974 2000 GTV / 1976 Giulia Nuova Super 2.0 / 1965 TR4
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 07:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to tirefriar
Congrats on the sale Bruce and congrats to the new owner on a beautiful Giulia. All it takes is one SERIOUS buyer that knows the market and knows what he wants.

1984 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport
1990 BMW GS100
1991 Bimota YB10
2001 BMW 525i Touring
2007 Mercedes R350 AWD
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika 193/300
PAST RIDES(abbreviated list): 1969 Spider 1750, 1969 Berlina x2, 1974 Spider x2, 1979 Spider, 1982 Spider x2, 2001 Jaguar XJR, 2011 BMW 328i, 2002 BMW R1150R, 2004 BMW Rockster Edition80 169/2003, 1968 Firebird Convertible, 1968 BMW 1600
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
The congrats all go to the new owner. Just condolences for me for having to part with a nice car. The N.O. is a pretty private guy on the ABB but has already flashed out IM thumbs up photos to his local buds. Houston will have a new kid in town soon. This thread is closed. Best of luck to the rest of you out there looking. See ya out there on the road; I'll be in a Giulia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode