For Sale: 1967 Giulia Super - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002
We should offer him $25,000 and have him ship the car and then have him send the extra money back from the shipping...

Haha! Here's a message I just sent him: "Hello, I am very interested in car. I would like to offer you $25000 via a cashiers check plus shipping and when you get it, can you please send me the extra money back? Thank you so much, I think I can trust you so much!"
Perfect.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Gold Subscriber

A scammer tried something similar to that on me when I was trying to sell my kart on a forum...

Stephen V
My photo blog:

My Instagram:
post #48 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:58 PM

Fraudulent auction reported to e-bay. Also asked seller why he was selling my car and shouldn't he be selling something he actually owns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Gold Subscriber

I can't believe this auction is still up!

Stephen V
My photo blog:

My Instagram:
post #50 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 05:47 PM

I contacted them as soon as I got home, tried to find a phone number but no luck. I'm just afraid someone will try buying it off auction and lose their money. I love the way he wants to sell the "beast car..." and then lapses into perfect grammar when he describes the car and this does not arouse the bidders suspicions. This guy's a "hoss thief" and we know what to do with "hoss thieves" ....GET A ROPE!
post #51 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73gtv
I love the way he wants to sell the "beast car..." and then lapses into perfect grammar when he describes the car and this does not arouse the bidders suspicions.
Haha!!! I did not notice that, now that makes me wonder how those people bidding can seriously consider spending the amount they will be spending on a car that they know only what someone with zero feedback has told them... and on top of that with this great description. Sorry for all those involved with the car to have to suffer through this.

Stephen V
My photo blog:

My Instagram:
post #52 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:34 PM

Wow, check out the sellers latest!

On Nov-02-06 at 02:31:36 PST, seller added the following information:
THE BUY IT NOW PRICE IS $2950 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILS!!!!!!!

The auction is still on, and the bidding is up to $3800 as of 11/02-

"Current bid: US $3,800.00
Reserve not met
Get low monthly payments

End time: Nov-05-06 16:55:44 PST (3 days)
Shipping: Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
Sells to: United States
Item location: Buffalo, NY, United States
History: 20 bids
High bidder: alfaboating( 5 ) "

eBay must be slow on pulling these scam auctions- too bad, some unwary person out there could be victimized by this crook......

Interesting footnote- the guy posted the "buy it now" of $2950 hours after the posted bidding was at $3350- what a guy!

Dan Walker
'67 Duetto

Last edited by Dan Walker; 11-02-2006 at 05:20 PM.
post #53 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:43 PM

I just sent this message to the two top bidders:

FYI - Giulia Super - this is a scam auction that ebay is slow to be pulling off. Please see the following link –especially pgs 3 & 4 for the full story ( http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=27646 ) - the car sold on the Alfa Bulletin Board a few weeks ago - DO NOT SEND THIS IDIOT MONEY.

It amazes me how many time Alfa's get scammed on Ebay.
post #54 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

I am the ex-owner of the car and I have asked EBay to take this down three times. They have NEVER responded! Evil Bay is living up to its name.

In other news...I miss that car!

1970 Giulia Ti 2.0+
2007 Ford F-150 Super Crew
post #55 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 PM

On the bright side, I love this car! Hey Jeff, according to this e-bay listing I was supposed to get a CD player and some power windows!
post #56 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Gold Subscriber

The same guy has a scam going on a Fiat 500. Another "Beast car for the Beast price". Sheeez! ( item 280044142599)

Dave
Drivers: '63 Spider '74 Berlina
Projects: '58 Sprint, '59 Flaminia berlina, '63 Appia Berlina, '63 Flavia coupe, and Bernie the Berlina.
post #57 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 10:41 PM

I wonder if he'll take an Australian cheque ?

Beatle
'85 Alfa 90 NSW Oztraya
post #58 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Gold Subscriber

So I opened my inbox and found this:

Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:30:56 -0800
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Question for item #230045743233 - Alfa Romeo : GIULIA SUPER
Hi,
First of all,i must apologize for my reticence with selling my
car.I
love this car and it means a lot to me.I am forced by a bank loan to
sell it.The loan does not involved her ,but i need the money and i must
do that.The car is like new ,in perfect condition, no marks or need for
additional repairs what so ever.It has no scratches, no special marks,
no need for additional repairs what so ever.The real miles onboard, a
great car ready to be yours. It has no accident or any engine problem.
I need to know you,even if that means by email or phone before i
sell you the car.Even if i seem a litlle paranoid,i will not sell this
car to anyone.I took very good care of her and i feel very attached to
her.
The price is $2950 with shipping for free(if necessary in the
continental US),since my brother in law works at DAS,and he promised me
that it will cost me nothing to ship it to you.I dont want to offend
you
by anything but if we are going to complete the sale we are going to
use
Ebay Purchase Program which will cover the purchases up to 20,000
USD.Please also provide me with the following details necessary to take
a decision:
-your full name and address for shipping
-your ph#
If you agree with my terms,i will need your name and address and i
will contact ebay to inform them about our agreement and to start the
program to protect us.If this is ok with you and you want me to explain
how the process works,please email me and i will do that.
Thank you and i will wait for your email.
<end>

Wow I simply cannot believe that this guy really thinks people are stupid enough to buy into this!!! What is wrong with people?

Stephen V
My photo blog:

My Instagram:
post #59 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 10:32 AM

Sounds like a decent car. My offer to the ebay seller, $5000 in monolopy money Upon delivery

Loud pipes save lives.

1973 GTV - bought 3/06, intend to keep forever
1969 GTV, #AR1530021 - sold 10/72, guess didn't intend to keep forever
Current project: '69 Corvette bought in '73, DD '73 - '80, in storage 1989-2002, now apart
post #60 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmileage
Sounds like a decent car. My offer to the ebay seller, $5000 in monolopy money Upon delivery
I know he would go for that deal since he is such a tight spot....

Stephen V
My photo blog:

My Instagram:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode