For Sale: 1967 Giulia Super - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:50 PM
PSB

Congrats to the new owner Lucky guy. I am sure he/she will be amazed with it as time goes on.
Fred I would not worry to much. There is a clean one now up to 19K+. And not as nice at all. I dont like it as its not correct like Jeffs.Kinda Pimp like and its a Nuvo.
The point is I think is in the show. Jeffs car to us guys in the know, know its got it . She sets well, looks well and has amost all her org Paint. Thats a plus to me.
The show is Clean windows and tires. all here on Jeffs Super Well Done Super.
But the show under the hood. It needed to be cleaned up.
Easy to have done with some TLC clean and wax under the hood would of helped a lot IMHO.
My 2cents to make a car a easy sell. Granted the motor was clean but the firewall and other bits did not show well in photos.
I know I had asked just for info ( i Have a super Super) if it had a Posi and rear sway bar. Nobody seemed to get or know if it did or didnt. All was said was it had it all. Some times its the little things.
All In all Supers are doing well for them selfs I would think.
As you must know its difficult to pay some one else and try to brake even with in the 1st couple of years.
I bet another year, and or some more detail work and and more info on the chassie work ( Posi/ spring rates/ frt-rear sway bar and sizes. Or if it had a rear bar fitted ect) She would of sold in Monterey quick This year. I know people there where asking about Supers over and over.
Where is the New owner!? Is he a BBer yet?
I hope so . And I hope she will still be a west coast car.
Congrats to all. and Condolences to your son Jeff.
Safe driving to him what ever he gets.
You know the 2.6 you have would be a good car for him. Safe and no better safer car under 5,000 for anybody really. Handle well. With a posi and some konis and sport line or after market springs.He could have a real hard car to beat at autoxs. and all these parts are cheap and fun father son stuff. Just a thought.
My Blk. 2.6 limited sport line now lives with a 16 year old and he loves it. He just did a SCCA event with it learned its limits safely.
PS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:50 PM

As the buyer of this car, I want to publicly thank Jeff for working with me on this deal. He's a really nice guy which is something you don't run into much anymore. I know I was lucky and made a great deal. I will be using it in the same spirit he intended it, as a daily driver. Unfortunately I have to wait untill it gets shipped to Texas but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I now have two Alfas, very cool, if only I could find my old 71 spider...
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
PSB

You are a BBer!
Cool and Congrats!!!!!! I know you will love the super! and the inside of that one is stunning, My favorite 105 inside color.
If its your 1st Super. You will be amazed with its limits and control. Please keep us posted as you learn her.
Humm L.A. to Texas a straight shot. Could you do it this week end......
Take Care and Congrats!!!!!!!!
You can do a search, I started a tread Called Super Tails or Super lovers. Lots of super stuff on that tread.
Enjoy
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:46 AM
73 GT Junior
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to manuelalfaholic
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:53 AM
73 GT Junior
Platinum Subscriber

Isn't this car in texas anymore?

Whats up ? Smells fishy!
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:55 AM

67 Giulia F/S

This has to be a scam listing. Address is Buffalo, car was in California when Jeff was selling it. Check out the grammar

Jim
66 Stepnose gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:59 AM
73 GT Junior
Platinum Subscriber

I did check it.

The car was sold to a BBer in Texas. Must Pm the new owner I guess
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 07:08 AM

This Car Not For Sale

I just took delivery this week and believe me this car is not going anywhere anytime soon.
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
73 GT Junior
Platinum Subscriber

We are at about 2 Alfa scams a week on Evil Bay!

This is clearly getting out of hand no?

I'm glad we can catch these things being Alfa nuts , but really , seems like it was lifted off the BB forums as is . Wording ,photos etc.....
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM

I would contact e-bay about this but my company has blockers up as to which types of web sites I can visit. Could someone else notify them if it's still there?
post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
I just offered the guy $20K for the car. Hee hee, wonder if he'll bite?

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 09:58 AM

I'd like to e-mail him and ask why he's trying to sell my car. And what's my cut?
post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73gtv
I'd like to e-mail him and ask why he's trying to sell my car. And what's my cut?
Let's have some fun with the guy. Hey, maybe you could send him a picture of you standing beside "his car".

Brian __________________________________

post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 AM

I could be his "spokesmodel."
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Gold Subscriber

We should offer him $25,000 and have him ship the car and then have him send the extra money back from the shipping...

Haha! Here's a message I just sent him: "Hello, I am very interested in car. I would like to offer you $25000 via a cashiers check plus shipping and when you get it, can you please send me the extra money back? Thank you so much, I think I can trust you so much!"

Stephen V
My photo blog:

My Instagram:

Last edited by 002; 11-01-2006 at 10:15 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode