For Sale: 67 Sprint GTV "stepnose" - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
For Sale: 67 Sprint GTV "stepnose"

I have reluctantly decided to sell my Giallo Ocra 67 Sprint GT Veloce. I acquired it last October but it was not what I expected when I got it as it was more of a project than I wanted to take on. I did some initial mechanical work to ensure it was safe and reliable, including carb rebuild, tuning, brakes, new tires and exhaust, among much more, and have been doing a lot of "fettling" since to fix many smaller details both functional and cosmetic (list available).

While the car looks very presentable and drives well (I have put 2000 miles on it including the recent THC Spring Alfa tour), the car has a lot more lower panel rust and rot than I was informed of. It is significant and could cost $5-10k to completely remedy if done out. It can be driven just fine as-is and the rust addressed later and/or sold eventually as-is, or taken on as an upgrade project now, or whenever you want. Based on the rarity and appreciation of Bertone stepnose GT's I do not anticipate it being upside down in a couple of years if fixed. A small part of me still says to take this on now, but I have three other Alfas that all need continual work, and one needs painting, and my garage is full as my wife reminds me that her driver has been outside awhile now . . .

Asking $16,500 OBO. Feel free to drop by and inspect on my lift and/or take it out. A good PPI is recommended and frankly, I would not sell it without one (eyes wide open). .

Attached is a brief condition write up and info sheet and here is a link to some outside and interior photos. I have more of the underside on file also.

Bruce

PHOTO LINK

Compare with: Alfa Romeo GT BERTONE 1300 JUNIOR 'BRIEVENBUS'
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: doc 1967 ALFA ROMEO GIULIA Sprint GTV.doc (32.0 KB, 525 views)
File Type: doc 1967 Alfa Romeo GTV Info.doc (30.0 KB, 403 views)

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 06-25-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: correct some typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Bump. I got a body work estimate to set all the ugly straight and make this a right nice driver. Just an estimate mind you but he did a thorough inspection and did not scrimp. The shop has worked on Alfas and has a GTV in now for a total resto. Have a long list of body parts from Giles at Classic Alfa also. I can take on the work but would prefer to put my time and effort into a badly needed repaint on my long-held 69 Spider. Be glad to share the numbers.

The price before I decide to do this work now is $15,000. The car looks nice inside and out and runs well. With the rust fixed, I think you will be rightside up still in a nice car, cheaper yet if you can do the work yourself or find a bargain. Austin is very expensive for proper body work.

Now
)(
)(
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 06-25-2013 at 09:36 AM.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 PM

Hi Bruce.
Nice car you have there.....I would take it if the price could go a bit lower ?
Can you forward me the pictures of the floor pans and all the rust work that needs replace? What part of the World did this Veloce came from?
I like the mustard color very unique and goes back to the early 60s.
Very cool
Charli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Hey Charli, the history, condition and info is in the docs posted above, but from what I was told a military man brought the car home from Italy to Connecticut. It is a Euro spec car. It made its way to Pittsburgh, and then spent about 15 years in Kentucky, 10 with the PO. Originally Giallo Ocra, then red and then back to Ocra with the PO. The top panels look fine, the interior is nice and it runs great. Much of the lower several inches just underneath the "skin" needs replacing and a bit more (radiator cross member). But it looks and works just fine for now if you don't look too close uderneath. Stepnose prices are just going up. I may just use it and let prices rise but I'd rather paint my Spider. Send an e-mail and I'll send a link to chassis photos. Lower outer skin has issues. Wheel arches, chassis, seatpans and rear jacking points are good. I have a bulk quote on pieces from Classic Alfa at ~1000 UK pounds and labor/paint at $8400. <$11k all in for a no rust car done out.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 11-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Any takers? Considering having the body work done - which is not needed for a fair driver - but would be cheaper in a cheaper body work location. Austin is high.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
My friends in some mid-west locations cite much cheaper bodywork rates. But I'd wonder what the quality w/r/t working an Alfa, and bondo versus solid metalwork is. I am told "locally" that San Antonio and El Paso is probably much cheaper than Austin. I have inquuired of Houston ALfa friends without any good leads. I need to drive down and find out. The main problem is finding shops that know what a grinder and welder is. Most like collision plug and play work. The fellow I found has worked several Alfas (a 1750 GT in now), does cut and weld and uses single stage multi-coat lacquer (reluctantly) and single stage enamel. Just sitting on it and driving it occasionally while the price rises is an option too. Just tight on space and have other Alfa work to do.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Is the car still for sale?

Thanks

Henry
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Yes. PM or e-Mail. Much info posted above. B

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:27 PM

Thanks, I will email you later in the week

Henry
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Next plan is to list it on some Euro sites. Bertone's are getting very scarce over there. No rush. Ample storage here, and rarity and price is just rising. May pull the trigger on resto anyway. CA offered a good price on pieces.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 11-04-2013 at 03:59 PM.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 05:03 AM

$11000 is cheap as far as I am concerned to get that car rust free. These cars are so rare that before long you will be sorry you let it go in that condition. Go look at the registry to see how many there are in unrestored poor condition. I have a 65 so I am not jumping on at.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Next plan is to list it on some Euro sites. Bertone's are getting very scarce over there. No rush. Ample storage and rarity and price is just rising. May pull the trigger on resto anyway. CA offered a good price on pieces.
I think Lionel has the man for the job in Dallas.. I would do it in a heart beat. The down side on his projects are paint. He won't do that.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by divotandtralee View Post
I think Lionel has the man for the job in Dallas.. I would do it in a heart beat. The down side on his projects are paint. He won't do that.
Just hired a painter who will be painting all my cars.............

Bruce,

Italian car Fest in Dallas is tomorrow and you should make the drive north. Although, I don't know if I make the car show since I will be at the Mecum chasing a 1929 and 1938 Packard that will be auctioned on Saturday.

Lionel
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I am out of state playing for awhile. I will plan on a dive up for a look-see and estimate when I get back, when it cools off. I'm in no great rush to do anything but watch the grass grow and their prices rise. Will pursue listing in Europe. Easy to ship back RoRo. B

PS: there is as honest as I can give assessment of the car in the opening post, a Word document, "The Good, Bad and Ugly". I have a 60+ set of pics if this is not enough I can link you to.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 09-08-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: add PS
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Bump. Several hits but no takers. It's better looking inside and outside and a good driver as-is and resto could be deferred. This is NOT a rust-free car but with all the folks looking and looking to strip and rebuild one, I thought I'd flog it again. I had considered pulling the ad but will make one last push before holding. $14.5k as-is, where is.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode