FS: 1992 164S in San Diego 98k miles - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

FS: 1992 164S in San Diego 98k miles PICS!!!

Hey Alfa lovers this ones for you......

This car is a DAILY DRIVER!!!!

Need money for my vacation this winter and my project has to go!!!!
This Alfa has right around 98k miles on it. The dealer replaced the engine with a brand new S engine around 50k miles!!!! So yes, this engine only has 48k miles on it. I wish I had paperwork for it, but I have checked through the old dealer that the car had 48k miles or so on it for more than a year!! When it was in there multiple times. The engine is superb!!!!

The downfalls..... It needs paint, oxidation on top of hood, roof and little on trunk. You would want to replace the passenger front fender during the paint job as it's not perfect and would be easier to replace then fix. The tires are decent, have tread, but not all the same and they're pretty old. The clutch was just replaced less than 200 miles ago, however there is some shudder in it while engaging first gear. Could be the flywheel needs surfacing or, it was a bad clutch. Either way, the car runs and drives perfect!!!! Not as bad as it sounds. The stereo has recently stopped putting out sound. I haven't looked too far into it at all. The A/C is not charged.....but pretty sure everything is perfect for it. It also needs the above head console (where the map lights are and sunroof buttons are), as the one that is up there looks like crap. The dash cover is peeled back (very common on these) Also, the drivers outside door handle is the wrong one....the lever is not long enough. It needs the right sized rod and it would be perfect.

The good..... Major maintenance just done on it. Water pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, steering rack rebuild, oil change with Mobil 1, all belts, and new clutch kit. (as mentioned) The Suspension works great Automatic and Sport settings are great!!! The leather is perfect inside. There is also a Sony 6 disc changer mounted in the trunk with an amp that worked perfectly before the stereo stopped putting out sound. Also, the Stepper motors were just done as well!

Asking $3000

These are all the pictures I've taken of the car. I'd be happy to take more!!!
Click here for YAHOO picture Gallery!!!!

I would be more than happy to deliver the car anywhere along the west coast!!!
Please feel absolutely free to e-mail me for pictures of particular parts of the car.
Please e-mail or call for any other questions. Talk to ya soon!
Chase 760-902-0481
Pictures are coming soon!!!!

Last edited by ChiapC; 12-03-2005 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Did not show price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 11:32 AM

What price are you asking? Thanks for all the info! Look exactly like mine

'69 1750 GTV - XC70 Q4
'88 Spider Veloce
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Wow, didn't even realize I didn't have a price up there. I'm asking $3000. May be willing to negociate a little. I'll edit that into the post.
Thanks.

Chase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode