Ordered! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 12:44 PM

Fabulous! Want to see pics!!

Brian (alias BlueSpider) w/o an Alfa at the moment, sadly.
Formerly: 1988 Spider Veloce - SOLD, 1973 GTV (restoration project) - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smestas View Post
Hey Pusher when are you expecting delivery?
No idea... tough to get accurate information. My guess is late summer.

Can't wait to see it! And I am looking forward to hearing it, too.

Will let you guys know when I get more info. Cars are being delivered to Europe but US will be last to start deliveries. Someone told me it was due to a few changes for Federal regulation and they want to make sure all of the "bugs" are out for the US cars (ahead of their re-entry into the market).
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:55 PM

Bump. Hey push - any new info on delivery?

1991 Alfa Spider Veloce
2001 BMW 530i
2006 BMW X5 4.8is
1993 Saab 900S convertible
1967 Pontiac Firebird convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by smestas View Post
Hey Pusher when are you expecting delivery?
Information is not solid

They finished painting it but I am not expecting the car until late august or sept. It should be part of the first USA batch but who knows. Car is hand built by Italians who live in a great country with great food. They only spend time building my car when they get bored with the other stuff :-)

I'll post more info as I hear it
post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Where did you go to purchase it? Maserati Dealer or the Mother Country?

I'd be interested in the conversations you had with the sales staff and their thoughts on the move back to the US. Dealerships available?

Congratulations on getting such an outstanding automobile. What makes it interesting to us regular folk is, this is one of the first sales known to have actually happened! Alfa is here. They are actually making sales and shipping orders.

This is all good news.

1981 Alfa Romeo Spider 2000 USA
1968 Ford Fairlane
2014 Ford Flex

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 04:25 PM

Ordered!!!

Congratulations!!! You'll have to bring it to Cars and Coffee at some point. I see three Californians on this thread, two Southern region, but at opposite ends of the region and one Northern Californian, so I'm sure word will travel fast and everyone will want to see the new purchase when it arrives. It will be proof that I will live long enough to see Alfa return to the U.S.

The real estate prices haven't fallen enough here "yet" to keep me from using my equity to buy one, but I'm not sure after years of Alfa ownership and what I'm accustomed to that I could adjust. Although, I have the car posted in my work space at the college on the side of my tower. Plus the terror of driving with the other maniacs here on the road. You are probably the perfect candidate that the market is searching for....no preconceived ideas or expectations based on previous Alfa ownership.

Once again congratulations and enjoy!!!!!

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)

Last edited by Pat Braden; 07-12-2008 at 04:27 PM.
post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebb View Post
Where did you go to purchase it? Maserati Dealer or the Mother Country?

I'd be interested in the conversations you had with the sales staff and their thoughts on the move back to the US. Dealerships available?

Congratulations on getting such an outstanding automobile. What makes it interesting to us regular folk is, this is one of the first sales known to have actually happened! Alfa is here. They are actually making sales and shipping orders.

This is all good news.
Ferrari of Beverly Hills... It was the only dealer selected by Alfa in the Southern California area. I think they were allocated about 8-10 cars, all sold pretty quick and my order went in with the first batch.
post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
Congratulations!!! You'll have to bring it to Cars and Coffee at some point. I see three Californians on this thread, two Southern region, but at opposite ends of the region and one Northern Californian, so I'm sure word will travel fast and everyone will want to see the new purchase when it arrives. It will be proof that I will live long enough to see Alfa return to the U.S.

The real estate prices haven't fallen enough here "yet" to keep me from using my equity to buy one, but I'm not sure after years of Alfa ownership and what I'm accustomed to that I could adjust. Although, I have the car posted in my work space at the college on the side of my tower. Plus the terror of driving with the other maniacs here on the road. You are probably the perfect candidate that the market is searching for....no preconceived ideas or expectations based on previous Alfa ownership.

Once again congratulations and enjoy!!!!!
I go to Cars and Coffee all the time. Been going to that show since Corona del Mar when there were only 10 cars or so. I'll definitely be bringing it the first weekend I take delivery.

Long fan of Alfa and this will be my first ownership experience :-) I guess it is not a bad way to start off with the marque!
post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:28 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to KrisBG
Congratiolations from me too buddy! Only want to know something - can everybody buy it ? Or there is something more that you must have ?
post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBG View Post
Congratiolations from me too buddy! Only want to know something - can everybody buy it ? Or there is something more that you must have ?
initially it was very difficult to get one and you never knew if you were confirmed or not. I made contact with Alfa Romeo Italy and masersti north America. Had someone help a bit too - the gentleman that owns the p4/5 :-)

I think a few dealers were holding back a few units so in the end if you were willing to cut a big enough check you had a shot - maybe
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 02:59 PM

Congratulations!
Over here in Europe (The Netherlands) the first ones have been spotted 'in the wild'.
In my country 10 have been delivered, at the end of august our Dutch Alfa Romeo Club, the SCARB, will organise our yearly meeting on the Assen circuit (Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo 2008 - 30 & 31 Augustus). A demo with 5 to 7 8C's is expected to be held.
I will probably never be in the position to buy one so I hope the people who can will use these fabulous cars so we can enjoy them too.

Please enjoy your 8C during my holiday in California, maybe we'll meet

'79 Spider 2000 Veloce / '88 Alfa 33 1.7 QV / '91 33 Permanent 4 /
'93 Alfa 33 1.7 iE S 16v Q4 SW
post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaco View Post
Congratulations!
Over here in Europe (The Netherlands) the first ones have been spotted 'in the wild'.
In my country 10 have been delivered, at the end of august our Dutch Alfa Romeo Club, the SCARB, will organise our yearly meeting on the Assen circuit (Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo 2008 - 30 & 31 Augustus). A demo with 5 to 7 8C's is expected to be held.
I will probably never be in the position to buy one so I hope the people who can will use these fabulous cars so we can enjoy them too.

Please enjoy your 8C during my holiday in California, maybe we'll meet
If you are coming to Southern California and will be in the Orange County area... there is a show called Cars and Coffee every Sat morning that is a blast. I'll be bringing it to that show to let people get a look and enjoy too.
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 03:12 PM

Sounds good. At this moment I'm preparing the details of our trip so maybe I can drive our rental RV over there by accident? I'm sure my girlfriend cannot refuse me a visit then.

Is it being held every saturday? (we'll probably be near Orange County around October 18)

BTW; take a look at this video -> Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - ABHD auto video’s. Enjoy the sound!

'79 Spider 2000 Veloce / '88 Alfa 33 1.7 QV / '91 33 Permanent 4 /
'93 Alfa 33 1.7 iE S 16v Q4 SW
post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaco View Post
Sounds good. At this moment I'm preparing the details of our trip so maybe I can drive our rental RV over there by accident? I'm sure my girlfriend cannot refuse me a visit then.

Is it being held every saturday? (we'll probably be near Orange County around October 18)

BTW; take a look at this video -> Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - ABHD auto video’s. Enjoy the sound!
Every Saturday... It is an unofficial gathering of locals but great fun and you will see some great cars. A Gumpert Apollo showed up last weekend :-)
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 04:30 PM

Ok post on this thread when you get it and are bringing to C&C. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm subscribed now.

90 Quad RIP (But it's parts live on.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode