Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 02:17 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
alfaholico,
I guess the difference is that I live in a country where Alfa Romeo still exists and does not need to reinvent itself. Actually has a great image and is slowly building in the right direction. The modern Spider is very common and does stand out from the crowd ... but I will accept that the design is ageing.

I guess also (while I agree with the concept car and statement comments) that I see nothing clever about the 8c ... I could sketch 100's of those no-thought to packaging or practicality cars in one day.

And again the T33 RACE cars had purpose the T33 Stradale had none ... other than to look flashy. I'll take the design with a purpose please ... but then I am very much like that, ie. if you are not going to race it, then make it practical and perfect for transporting people, fast and in comfort. I can see little purpose in impractical flashy and extreme fast road cars ... last time I looked other people shared our roads and there are speed limits ... thus again the T33/2 is perfect 'cause I can use it to the full on the track and will be better on the track than the pretty only T33 Stradale.

For example, while I am a Ferrari enthusiast too ... you won't ever see me buying a later than 1980 design, except maybe the 456 GT. I see no purpose in the 348, 355, 360, 430, 550 barge (a packaging joke) and the Enzo. I'd buy a 60's design if I could, or a 308 GT/4 or 365 GT/4 2+2 brilliant COMPLETE road car designs. The 60's Ferrari's while impractical from space packaging atleast would now make great road cars as they are now relatively slow and involving and thus fun machines. A 430 with all the fancy dancy driver is useless aids is a complete [email protected] as a road car. What is the point as you putter about at near legal speeds?, just wasting all that extreme speed research and development that Ferrari did.

But as I conceded in an earlier post, show cars and jaw droppers DO have there place ... otherwise the world would be a dull place . Practical road cars can be jaw droppers too ... have a look at the Peugeot 407 (?, I think that is the model I mean).

Pete's still talking out of his backside ... and really I guess does not like the new 8c Comp. and should leave it at that! ... each to their own and all.
ps: Either race it or make it practical person ... you cannot have both IMO.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PSk; 01-23-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:46 PM
PSB

Hi Guys;
Well have you seen last weeks Auto Week?
It has a new Baby 8c ferrari coming out. and I am sure its this car but not as nice in looks. but it seems dead on.
DANG IT!!!!!!
Whats your take on the new Dino type F-car ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode