The closest I'll get to an 8c - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

The closest I'll get to an 8c

My sons and I stopped in at the local Ferrari dealership on our way home from this months cars and coffee meet and were suprised to see this parked next to my little quad.
Attached Images

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'87 quad, '85 FJ1200,'86 FJ1200 '95 ford explorer, '00 V8 ford explorer, '04 yukon xl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Weaving a Spider's Web.
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Nice both of them

77 Spider-rust issues-but fun! SOLD
93 Spider-151k km-SOLD
94 Spider CE- 48k miles
2012-MB SLK350-45k km
Joyce
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Very cool!

1994 Spider Veloce Ce #88 w/15K Miles (sold)
2006 Maserati GranSport Spyder w/5k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 05:23 PM

This one suddenly popped up for sale at the local upscale car dealer. I briefly got to sit in it and took a lot of photos of various details during my ... ogling It was delivered in 2008 and has done about 10,000 kms (6200 miles). It's for sale for NOK 2,500,000, which translates to an unsympathetic USD 400,000. That's unfortunately how cars are taxed here, so ...

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's one of only two in the country.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 09:43 AM

You could spend a fraction on a Maserati Gran Turismo 4.7 S. They really are pretty much the same car underneath the gorgeous bodywork.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
You could spend a fraction on a Maserati Gran Turismo 4.7 S. They really are pretty much the same car underneath the gorgeous bodywork.
But at this level of play, looks are absolutely paramount. Unfortunately, the Maserati has always seemed like a bloated copy of everything that has gone before, to me. *Not* that I'd kick one out of the garage if it appeared there tomorrow morning.

I had the same impression when I first saw the Jaguar XJS. A car mag. at the time described it as looking dated from the day it was introduced.

Maserati, IMHO, has never gotten this one right - though it is *much* better than the earlier incarnations. The 8C, OTOH, pushed design forward and has looked right all along.

(Oops, we're supposed to be talking about 8C *Spiders* here...)

-Frank, in SF, CA (ex-GrisCo grunt)
'73 Berlina/SPICA (RIP), '65 Giulia Sprint GT, '74 Spider/SPICA, '93 164L (from new)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorW View Post
This one suddenly popped up for sale at the local upscale car dealer. I briefly got to sit in it and took a lot of photos of various details during my ... ogling It was delivered in 2008 and has done about 10,000 kms (6200 miles). It's for sale for NOK 2,500,000, which translates to an unsympathetic USD 400,000. That's unfortunately how cars are taxed here, so ...

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's one of only two in the country.
**** I guess I can't c/o about the taxes here. Are salaries/income for the average citizen high enough to compensate for that ammount of taxation or are luxury / high end sports cars just out of reach for the average person? Here in Texas it used to be that if you could get the seller of a used car to say it was a "gift" the tax rate was way low instead of basing it off the sale price. Now they base it off "blue book " value or taxed on sales price whichever is higher.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'87 quad, '85 FJ1200,'86 FJ1200 '95 ford explorer, '00 V8 ford explorer, '04 yukon xl
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 AM

One should always complain about taxes

The average income here is in the vicinity of $75,000/year, but taxes and the cost of living matches this very nicely. Cars are unusually expensive though. The Giulietta QV driveaway price is $92k and the cheapest Porsche Boxster/Cayman is $120k. The 4C will likely cost the same. More than half of this is tax. Used cars are much cheaper, but someone has to buy them new first.

Because of this, generally speaking, you rarely see interesting cars on the road. If families have a second car, it's probably as boring as the first one.

My neighbour spent years restoring a 1983 Volvo 245 to perfection and didn't particularly care when I first parked the Montreal in the driveway. To him it was just a morbidly fascinating car pushing none of his buttons.

It's been like this forever. If you don't grow up around interesting cars, your definition of "interesting car" becomes ... well ... interesting.

The 8C is still for sale, like it's been for the last two years.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorW View Post
One should always complain about taxes

Maybe that 10 euro beer is making you a little frisky ;-)

Quote:
The 8C is still for sale, like it's been for the last two years.
I've heard of Germans buying their cars in Denmark where the tax is also huge, which they don't pay, so they end up with a cheaper car than buying it in Germany.

Welcome to the wonderful labyrinth of bureaucracy that makes people do crazy things.

EU govs, and all governments really, since they keep blabbing about eco this eco that -- should embark on the best eco move ever, and eliminate the asinine, bloated gov. bureaucracy. It would improve both the environment and the citizens' quality of life.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode