Alfa Romeo 8c gauges - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Alfa Romeo 8c gauges

Does anyone know how the gauge display functions in the 8c? I would prefer to see the Italian spec gauges if anyone has photos. Here is the only pic I have
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM

I don't think there is an Italy-only spec for the gauges, since Alfa uses Italian wording on their instruments for all countries (benzina, acqua etc.) on all models. The cheaper models with this type of gauges (147, 156 etc.) lets you switch between fixed display modes via a button at the top of the light stalk.

Here's a pic of the gauges in the 8C that was driven by journalists at Balocco last year:

And one of the 147 pre facelift instrument cluster:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

What about in gear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 AM

I checked with a photographer/journalist guy who has driven it a few kilometres: by default, the 8C gear system is in "City mode" (for lack of a better word). I.e. the gearbox automatically changes gears according to driving style and other factors. This is comparable to the Selespeed system on the 147 and the 156. In this mode, the gear selector display shows a "D" when you're driving. I don't know how you select neutral though.

When you press the Sport button on the center console the system goes to manual only, and the gear selector display shows the selected gear (1-6, presumably) as well as a small "S" in the upper corner of the display.

He's rummaging through his pictures to see if he's got one of the gauges while driving, but somehow I don't think that is a priority behind the wheel of an 8C
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 02:54 AM

That's (mostly) correct. You can switch between full automatic mode and manual mode by pushing the "Auto" button, not the "Sport" one. The "Sport" button just gives you faster shifts, tweaked engine mapping and stability control tuning, and opens the bypass valves in the exhausts. Neutral is selected by pulling both paddles at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode