i had the letter giving me the option. then i received the catalogue to pick the options (which were unbelievably expensive too btw). then i had multiple conversations with the people at alfa (maurizio melzi is the guys name - he is marketing manager at alfa btw) that i eventually met with.
i told them the price was 30pct higher than first indicated and they acknowledged that but didnt change it of course. then i asked if it could be homologated for both switzerland (where i live) and the usa where i eventually will move back to - the answer came back negative. then i asked them for a delivery date and they finally came back with q1 2010 for switzerland - which is again 6 months later than previously said.
by the time i picked the options i wanted the price came to about $330k, of which they wanted 30% upfront.
i decided that i could do better things with my $100k over the next 18 months.
i posted it here thinking that it might be worth it for a real alfa fan, and i might be able to make a few bucks out of it - why not? but nobody took me up on the offer, hence my conclusions.
in any case, i no longer have the option. sorry if any of you thought i was lying or trolling. i was not.
Last edited by rpk; 11-05-2008 at 08:25 AM.