alfa 8c spider for sale - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
rpk

alfa 8c spider for sale

i signed up for the car earlier this year, and now i received the letter saying i was one of 45 people in switzerland allowed to purchase one of the 500 that will be made for the world, at a price of 320k swiss francs.
since then i bought a 512bbi, so i no longer have room for this car. i will be selling the option. i have put the word out through the dealers and am thinking about putting it on ebay, but i thought i should put it up here on the board first to see if any of you are interested.

btw, i have asked them if i can get a version that is compatible with euro and usa regs as well, so they are looking into that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 04:13 AM

alfa 8c spider

hi

i may have intrst within switzerland.

thanks

d
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
rpk

ok, well send me an email then.
rgds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
rpk

drago has not contacted me. the contract is still available.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
rpk

well you alfa guys either dont really like the product, or all think its too high priced. either way, nobody stepped forward to take the contract. so i flipped it to the ferrari dealer who seems to have a buyer in the form of a saudi prince.

i guess this car is just too much to still be an alfa.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpk View Post
well you alfa guys either dont really like the product, or all think its too high priced. either way, nobody stepped forward to take the contract. so i flipped it to the ferrari dealer who seems to have a buyer in the form of a saudi prince.

i guess this car is just too much to still be an alfa.
Well, you "signed up for the car earlier this year, and ... received the letter saying [you are] one of 45 people in switzerland allowed to purchase one of the 500 that will be made for the world, at a price of 320k swiss francs", so either you don't like the product, or think it's too high priced. Either way, you didn't take it, so it's good you flipped it to someone who can market a product and get a buyer.

I guess this car is just too much Alfa for you, or you are simply not to be trusted since you have shown that you backed out on a deal.

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
rpk

you are a little rude, and presume much for somebody who doesnt know me and apparently cant afford the 8c....

i did sign up for it in february, and i did like it then. and the price at that point was quoted to me at about 250k chf, which seemed about right.

since then i bought another ferrari, and alfa raised the price by 30%, which doesnt seem right in comparison to the value of other limited edition cars at the moment.

the surprise i expressed in my previous posts is that nobody else in switzerland contacted me about the car at all. i inferred from that the car is too much for alfistas too. either that or you are all too shy.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpk View Post
you are a little rude, and presume much for somebody who doesnt know me and apparently cant afford the 8c....

i did sign up for it in february, and i did like it then. and the price at that point was quoted to me at about 250k chf, which seemed about right.

since then i bought another ferrari, and alfa raised the price by 30%, which doesnt seem right in comparison to the value of other limited edition cars at the moment.

the surprise i expressed in my previous posts is that nobody else in switzerland contacted me about the car at all. i inferred from that the car is too much for alfistas too. either that or you are all too shy.
You are very rude, and presume too much for somebody who doesn't know the people on this BB, and who can't afford the car he ordered...

I doubt you ever intended to buy this car, no matter if the price was "right" or not.

If you bought a Ferrari and didn't want the Alfa, then you should have gone back to the party you made the deal with, and told them that. Instead, you show up on this Board trying to make money by "selling" something that you don't have.

You keep making insulting assumptions about alfisti, but you should look in the mirror and place your insults there.

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 AM

rude

" i inferred from that the car is too much for alfistas too. either that or you are all too shy.[/QUOTE]

Neither. I just think you are completely full of it. Go troll around on another board with your juvenile fantasies.

1975 Spider -- Long gone gateway drug
1983 Spider -- Dead: slowly parted-out on eBay
1974 Spider -- Sold, alas.

Last edited by silverspider; 11-04-2008 at 09:29 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
rpk

wow. tough crowd on the alfa board.

i put my sign up here for a month. nobody comments. then i pass it on to somebody else, and get abused.

but i will take your advice, no need to hang out here.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:07 PM

rpk,

new jersey is a tough neighborhood. and he is reasonably skepticle.

I'm sure it would help if you could show us some photos of your 8C?

Most of us would have added onto the garage.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM

Alfa 8C Spider for Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
rpk,

new jersey is a tough neighborhood. and he is reasonably skepticle.

I'm sure it would help if you could show us some photos of your 8C?

Most of us would have added onto the garage.
I was surprised at the title of the thread, knowing that the cars are sought after and that one other party is in the process of selling his because he is moving, and unable to accept delivery. Anyway, in an attempt to remain neutral and not take sides:
  1. How is this any different than selling a stock option, which is selling an option to buy stock that you don't own?
  2. How could someone that doesn't yet have possession of the 8C post pictures of the car?

Just curious?

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 PM
rga

Good point.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
rpk

i had the letter giving me the option. then i received the catalogue to pick the options (which were unbelievably expensive too btw). then i had multiple conversations with the people at alfa (maurizio melzi is the guys name - he is marketing manager at alfa btw) that i eventually met with.
i told them the price was 30pct higher than first indicated and they acknowledged that but didnt change it of course. then i asked if it could be homologated for both switzerland (where i live) and the usa where i eventually will move back to - the answer came back negative. then i asked them for a delivery date and they finally came back with q1 2010 for switzerland - which is again 6 months later than previously said.
by the time i picked the options i wanted the price came to about $330k, of which they wanted 30% upfront.
i decided that i could do better things with my $100k over the next 18 months.

i posted it here thinking that it might be worth it for a real alfa fan, and i might be able to make a few bucks out of it - why not? but nobody took me up on the offer, hence my conclusions.

in any case, i no longer have the option. sorry if any of you thought i was lying or trolling. i was not.

Last edited by rpk; 11-05-2008 at 08:25 AM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:48 AM

with exception, there are two ways to obtain an 8c ragtop. my understanding is that existing 8c owners are first offered the car. the second way is to go to a dealer and put your money down.

If he could have sent a photo, his credibility would improve and there would be much more to talk about.

I simply made the jump, based on the direction i hoped the conversation would go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode