Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - Spider (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-spider/)
-   -   Alfa Romeo 8C goes on sale now in U.S., already sold out (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-spider/125435-alfa-romeo-8c-goes-sale-now-u-s-already-sold-out.html)

smestas 10-07-2008 03:20 AM

Alfa Romeo 8C goes on sale now in U.S., already sold out

http://zoosviat.com/autoreader/wp-co...0_1024_450.jpg
And with these words, the Alfisti shall rejoice: Alfa Romeo is finally back in the United States. While a full scale return by the Italian maker won’t happen until 2009 or 2010, you can officially buy the Alfa 8C Competizione starting this month through one of the designated Maserati dealers tabbed to carry this rolling piece of automotive hotness. Check that, you can arrange delivery. Seems all of the 8Cs earmarked for the U.S. are already spoken for. So at least in theory, Alfa has returned. The 8C Spider open air version won’t show up until 2010, but we really like the coupe enough not to be too distressed about the wait.
When the full operation ramps up, we are expecting that someone strolling into an Alfa Romeo dealership will be able to purchase not only the 8C Competizione and 8C Spider, but hopefully the hotter 8C GTA, the Brera and 159 or their replacements, the MiTo and 149, and whisperings also suggest a large rear-drive car possibly based on a Jaguar platform, along with a BMW X3 rival.

Source: Zimbio - Interactive Magazine

alfatec1967 10-16-2008 09:44 AM

purchase 8C

Thank you for info on USA market. You are correct with the time scale for alfa to return to USA.
As for the 8C models. You can't get 8C Competizione for love or money as all are sold and the customers are tried into a binding contract for a x time.
8C Convertable, Alfa are taking applications for the car. But there will be first offered to the 8C Competizione owners first, to add to there collection of italian art work.:p
Have you seen the new giulietta, :cool: a small two seater sports car to be lanched in two years.

Napolis 11-04-2008 11:50 AM

I will be picking up mine tomorow which will be the first US delivery. I saw her this morning.

They painted her P 4/5 Red for me which looks great.

Zunige 11-04-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napolis (Post 667147)
I will be picking up mine tomorow which will be the first US delivery. I saw her this morning.

They painted her P 4/5 Red for me which looks great.

Congrats - I'm jealous! Nonetheless, I think it would be a more meaningful experience if you picked her up accompanied by a fellow BBer. Just let me know where, and I'll be glad to be there! :)

Best regards,

Napolis 11-04-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zunige (Post 667167)
Congrats - I'm jealous! Nonetheless, I think it would be a more meaningful experience if you picked her up accompanied by a fellow BBer. Just let me know where, and I'll be glad to be there! :)

Best regards,

I'll post some photo's on thursday.

smestas 11-04-2008 02:15 PM

Napolis,

Are you anywhere in the LA area?

Napolis 11-04-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smestas (Post 667227)
Napolis,

Are you anywhere in the LA area?

No. New York.

smestas 11-04-2008 03:27 PM

Ahhh bummer. I would have liked to take some pics of the car for our viewers.

Well congratulations on taking delivery of an 8C !!

Napolis 11-04-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smestas (Post 667271)
Ahhh bummer. I would have liked to take some pics of the car for our viewers.

Well congratulations on taking delivery of an 8C !!

I'll snap some.

sjmst 11-05-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napolis (Post 667180)
I'll post some photo's on thursday.

Oh, good you're here! :)

Napolis 11-05-2008 04:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am very happy to be the first US customer/delivery after 20 years of absence in the US Market. Several Alfa officials joined Werner of Miller and I for wonderful time and drive.

She is very beautiful. Her build quality is fantastic. Her fitted luggage wonderful. She's very nimble. Her exhaust is Fantastico and she's one fast Babe.

Zunige 11-05-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napolis (Post 667264)
No. New York.

Oh, man... You are in my neck of the woods! :)

The 8C is just gorgeous - congratulations, again! I would encourage you to start a new thread in the Picture forum...

Also, any chance you may join us at one of either the NJ or NY Alfa Romeo Owners Club chapter functions? I know it's bold to ask, but I'm sure members would love to see your car. Those of us who got to see an 8C at the 2007 AROC National Convention in Detroit thought no prior picture we'd seen had done it justice...

Best regards,

smestas 11-05-2008 04:30 PM

This is awesome! Napolis.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

smestas 11-05-2008 04:43 PM

I've moved this news to its own thread.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...lands-usa.html