How Can This Be Right?!?!.... - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Exclamation How Can This Be Right?!?!....

Hi All....

I just stumbled upon this listing....

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=165358479

How in the world can this be the price?! What's wrong with this car?! Anyone have any info on this listing?

Thanks,
Jim

JimB in SoCal

Current Cars Owned: 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce!!!!, 2012 Buick Verano
Previous Cars Owned: 1956 Chevy Sedan, 1969 Chevy Caprice Sedan, 1973 Chevy Caprice Sedan, 2000 Saturn S1 Sedan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 05:41 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Why don't you call and find out?

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
They're closed today....will see if they're open tomorrow...Labor Day, so who knows....

JimB in SoCal

Previous Cars Owned: 1956 Chevy Sedan, 1969 Chevy Caprice Sedan, 1973 Chevy Caprice Sedan, 2000 Saturn S1 Sedan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
It appears to be an elaborate scam that's been ongoing for a while....

Alfa Romeo 4C Forums

Read through all 5 pages...."if something sounds/seems/looks too good to be true, it is"....

I will still try to contact the dealer to verify/deny the reality.....

JimB in SoCal

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 05:56 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Click here for a pic of 530 Broadway, Newark, NJ.
Gordon Raymond likes this.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 11:02 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajam View Post
Click here for a pic of 530 Broadway, Newark, NJ.
The seller is Payless Auto Trader. That matches what shows up in Google. I have a hard time with the palm tress and a home that looks like it should be in Florida.
Attached Images

Brian __________________________________

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Hi Papajam - yes, I see that the location is a real place. My question is if the car advertised is real, which I suspect is not...see link to 4C Forums above discussing it. I tried calling the number, but got busy signals, so I sent them a fax requesting validation of this car or not....waiting to hear back....

Hi Ossodiseppia - yes, either FL or CA or somewhere else with PALM TREES! Definitely NOT NJ!

JimB in SoCal

Last edited by SpiderMan59; 09-04-2017 at 12:22 PM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 11:31 AM

I think either the ad is a scam or the car has had damage such as flood damage. I would never buy a car unless you have it inspected. I heard of a car that was sold for very little because the wife was very upset about a pending divorce and sold the husband's car.
SpiderMan59 likes this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMan59 View Post
Hi Ossodiseppia - yes, either FL or CA or somewhere else with PALM TREES! Definitely NOT NJ!
That's why I posted the link. The pics were NOT taken in Jersey. Yet the 'dealer' contact area code is a North Jersey code (I know; I have the same code).
SpiderMan59 likes this.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuni123456 View Post
I heard of a car that was sold for very little because the wife was very upset about a pending divorce and sold the husband's car.
---> Hell hath no fury like....for real!!

(No reply to my fax from the "dealer" and I could not leave a phone message = highly suspect of a fraudulent listing!!)

JimB in SoCal

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 02:02 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to user459
Would you buy a used car from that man???
Attached Images

Terry Rushbrook
SNO Director at Large, Space Coast, FL
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Yes! YES !! OH YES!!!

Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
That reminds me of Art Grindle Dodge in Orlando, FL. back in the 70s.

He would make outrageous offers to get people into the dealership.

I have no idea how many cars he sold, but he was certainly entertaining!

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
I emailed the car gurus listing and received this reply back:
It is still for sale and I'm willing to sell it for US $29.000. The car is registered on my name, it has 7,200 miles, the title is clear (VIN ZARBAAC41FM141225- no lien, accident free) also it drives and runs great. It is located in Buffalo,NY and I'm selling it because I'm not in US anymore. I live in UK with my family now.

Cheers
PS: For more pictures use the link below:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cjpg

Email Domain is in Germany, not England (w2.tutanora.de, IP 81.3.6.163) This is exactly the same text as referenced in a post in the thread on the AR 4C Forums under the Purchasing and Orders sub-forum, in the "*** $39500" thread (5 pages long), but with a different mileage and price quote. Again, note the dealership it's at now is in NJ, and this person says it's in Buffalo, NY....note the palm trees in the shots of the original ad - NOT NY, NOT NJ, hahahaha! Probably SoCal or FL...more likely SoCal. I'm going to play along, then hit him with this thread reference....why, it's the King of Nigeria after all, lol!

Too bad...it would have been an amazing deal IF TRUE!
Jim

JimB in SoCal

Last edited by SpiderMan59; 09-04-2017 at 06:38 PM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
HA! Car is no longer listed on car gurus.com.....hmmmm....wonder why that is?!

JimB in SoCal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode