Alfas around Sedona 4th of July weekend - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Alfas around Sedona 4th of July weekend

First: WOW what scenery you folks have in the North part of your state. The wife and I drove to Sedona this weekend where we stayed with other Alfisti for the weekend. We did the I40 route thru Flagstaff.
We did see 2 spiders on our driving around. We were Alfa-less this weekend due to the heat driving out from Calif. 114 F in Needles this afternoon.

Fri July 3 5pm a red Spider driving N out of Sedona on hwy 89
Sun July 5 in Jerome a green/blue Spider that seemed to belong to a "local". I tried to ask her a few questions but she was in a hurry driving around town doing errands. She refered to the car as "julie". It looked like the top had never been up, ever, but it ran well.

After a few bottles of wine 1 nite we came up with an idea for an Arizona tour:
Gather in Laughlin. Enjoy the pleasures
Next morning go the back way into Kingman on hwy 68
Lunch in Seligman and take the short stretch of Route 66 towards Flagstaff
Shop in Flagstaff. Leave in time to head to Sedona to arrive late in the afternoon to take advantage of the late afternoon sunlight on the incredible views of the Red Rock canyons.
Stay in Sedona.
Tour the next day. We had a blast going to Jerome
Attached Images

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Paul-
If you get to the tentative organization point, my sis and her husband are long time locals in that area. While not Alfa owners, they are serious car people and would be willing and able to give you some info on roads, things to see (some awesome cliff dwellings and ruins) with good road acess, as well as mechanical assistance. They live at the base of Mingus Mtn. with a view of Jerome at night. Could be a lot cheaper to stay in up around Clarksdale or Cottonwood, 20 min. from Sedona.
It's best in the fall.
Sedona is a spendy place to stay. There is no low season there. It is beautiful though!

Jeff Lang
'85 GTV6 3L, '78 Alfetta Sport Sedan

Last edited by aralfa8589; 07-14-2009 at 05:05 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysalfa View Post
First: WOW what scenery you folks have in the North part of your state. The wife and I drove to Sedona this weekend where we stayed with other Alfisti for the weekend. We did the I40 route thru Flagstaff.
We did see 2 spiders on our driving around. We were Alfa-less this weekend due to the heat driving out from Calif. 114 F in Needles this afternoon.

Fri July 3 5pm a red Spider driving N out of Sedona on hwy 89
Sun July 5 in Jerome a green/blue Spider that seemed to belong to a "local". I tried to ask her a few questions but she was in a hurry driving around town doing errands. She refered to the car as "julie". It looked like the top had never been up, ever, but it ran well.

After a few bottles of wine 1 nite we came up with an idea for an Arizona tour:
Gather in Laughlin. Enjoy the pleasures
Next morning go the back way into Kingman on hwy 68
Lunch in Seligman and take the short stretch of Route 66 towards Flagstaff
Shop in Flagstaff. Leave in time to head to Sedona to arrive late in the afternoon to take advantage of the late afternoon sunlight on the incredible views of the Red Rock canyons.
Stay in Sedona.
Tour the next day. We had a blast going to Jerome
Northern Arizona is some of the most beautiful country in the world. My family and I cannot wait to get back up to flagstaff where we lived for over 10 years.
Awesome place, lots of alfa's and car people.

Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jason Minos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New: +1 619-209-0715
e-mail:admin at alfissimo.com
San Diego, CA
1989 Spider Quad. Gone
1991 White Alfa Romeo 164S Recaro, Siena, Zender.-GONE
2010 Touareg TDI
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Trofeo, Leather package(red), 19X8, 19X9.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 PM

Jason-
Funny that you posted 15 min. after I confirmed my flight to Phoenix 11-3, return 11-13.
Will be splitting time between Cottonwood and Clarksdale.
Sadly, I must spend 3 days in Lake Havasu with my bro. All is not lost as he is a striped bass guide.
If there is a way, I'll try to hook up.
There's a Spider in Jerome I am determined to track down, and Flag is a good overnighter.
I get to drive my son's M3 for the duration. To suffer is to live...

Jeff Lang
'85 GTV6 3L, '78 Alfetta Sport Sedan
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 AM

**** cold up here Sun and Mon. looks good this morning, 40 [email protected] 8am tue. Much milder in sedona-cottonwood.
I maybe taking the spider (red, no front bumper,yet) back down to phoenix 11-8, may see you on the road!

gene in flagstaff in the summer.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralfa8589 View Post
Jason-
Funny that you posted 15 min. after I confirmed my flight to Phoenix 11-3, return 11-13.
Will be splitting time between Cottonwood and Clarksdale.
Sadly, I must spend 3 days in Lake Havasu with my bro. All is not lost as he is a striped bass guide.
If there is a way, I'll try to hook up.
There's a Spider in Jerome I am determined to track down, and Flag is a good overnighter.
I get to drive my son's M3 for the duration. To suffer is to live...
I missed this Jeff. I have to do the rack on my ole 164 which should be done this weekend, I may be up in Sedona/Flag next week.

J

Jason Minos

New: +1 619-209-0715
e-mail:admin at alfissimo.com
San Diego, CA
1989 Spider Quad. Gone
1991 White Alfa Romeo 164S Recaro, Siena, Zender.-GONE
2010 Touareg TDI
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Trofeo, Leather package(red), 19X8, 19X9.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 AM

Location: Flagstaff, Northern California, and Grants Pass, OR (CAZOR)
Send a message via Yahoo to shoguneagle
Imoved to Flagstaff about five years ago from Northern California. Recently, I bought a 1986 spider veloce in Cali and brought it back to Flag. Now, I find this thread which I found very enjoyable.

From what I can tell, there are about 7-10 Alfa's in flag proper. one 750 or 101 Spider racer car and I think three Alfas' (1750 GTV, Milano ??, 164??, within a couple of miles; one GTV 2000 within six-seven miles. There are probably a few more not accounted for.

I am looking forward to running our spider over the same roads you have traveled in this thread. We have gone over the same roads many times but not in an Alfa. Looking forward to driving with the top down along the same path.

Enjoyed this thread.

Steve N Sandy Hurt
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Well, I hope I'm not out of line here, but I'm pretty sure this link is for public consumption: Picasa Web Albums - Tom
I've seen some great Alfa's in Sedona, and met some great Alfa owners.

It's better to burn out than to rust - n.young

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode