Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Lemons/Chump problems
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 AM
GregSef
Gold Subscriber

Garage
We just ran the "Capital Offense" LeMons race. The car was good, very forgiving and balanced. It was a very technical circuit with a lot of off camber turns, a 20 degree banked "Karousel", elevation changes etc. A good course for a nimble car. We had a motor performance issue toward the end were we would periodically start missing with a big heat load on the motor then clear up after a rest. Even so we did well, leading the race for a little while until one of our drivers spun and we lost 16 minutes or so in penalty time. Later a loose gas cap cost us 8 minutes as well. (Postscript, turned out we a bad ECU. It would begine to drop injection output when run all out for a few hours.)

We went onto a 6th place overall placing in a field of 86 cars. The top ten cars where all pretty fast and driven well. LeMons is going the way of a lot of racing, faster and more expensive.

Here is a clip of me in the car for the first time on Sunday. This was 30 minutes into a 2.5 hour stint and I was still working out how to drive this track.

Here is the my laps data.

MYLAPS

Scuderia Limoni had some bad luck, overheating the car and taking out the head gasket. Looked good out there for a while. We had to make do with some other Italian company, a Fiat X/19 and a Fiat 128 Sedan.

Greg

1972 Berlina Vintage Racer, 1987 Milano Platinum (LeMons Car), 1982 GTV6 EP Race Car, 1974 GTV Vintage Race Car, 2012 VW GTI stage II, 1966 Corvette Coupe 327-350, 2007 Triumph T100 Bonneville. Dearly departed: 1971 Fiat 124 Spider, 1983 Saab 900 Turbo, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1995 BMW 540i Sport, 2014 Audi A4 (swamped)

Last edited by GregSef; 12-30-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added postcript

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome