Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - I cannot understand why every second car is not an Alfa Romeo
View Single Post
post #279 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre
One thing I know for sure is never to put cheap Chinese tyres on a car.
Well I have not had any grip issues with the Hifly Hf805215/45r17, and I have driven in shockingly heavy rain (NZ), in fact the 156 is my preferred wet weather car due to the variable speed intermittent wipers and because it is so sure footed.

But again my cornering limits are now tiny, but yes in the dry I can make the front loose grip if I do push it, but I've always blamed the FWD chassis for that. I've only really pushed her hard up some windy roads once and I thought the grip and chassis confidence was great, so good that when I got to the top I apologized to my son for going too hard on a public road, but he was happy

Anyway, this minor speed bump is all part of living with a great car. I can spend more on tyres this time.
Pete
ps: I've never driven a Range Rover, but always assumed that as the body is sitting on top of a tall building, poor handling and low grip levels would be the norm, so yeah you don't want poor tyres too.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome