Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - I cannot understand why every second car is not an Alfa Romeo
View Single Post
post #271 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavirusnz View Post
Pete, I suspect it might be a combination of worn bushes and so so tyres. i`ve had my twinspark for a while now and no high wear on any tyre - but perfect bushes and tyre pressures always correct (I run 37.5 psi all round) The V6 has fairly new tyres and I`ve been using her a bit lately and no signs of wear so far despite driven hard through bends but again she has been fitted with good quality tyres. Tyres are so important, they are your only contact with the road so tempting that it is I would never contemplate scrimping. It`s the old adage that you usually get what you pay for.
That is high tyre pressure. I think (?) 36psi is for high speed driving. I thought I was getting middle of the tyre wear so lower my pressures to 32 ... maybe that did the premature damage. I'll have to check my manual again

And yes I'm not running expensive tyres, so likely not helping. I suspect that cheap tyres obtain their grip by softer compounds ... what tyres do you guys run?
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome