Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - For Sale Spotted a GT Veloce 1750 for sale
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:54 AM
gprocket
Platinum Subscriber

I'm not sure I'm following your concern. They aren't claiming that the car is factory original. In fact they note that the interior was originally brown. Obviously it has aftermarket wheels as well.

They're not showing it, they're selling it. If they get anywhere near what the auction house is predicting I'd say the market decided it didn't mind leather interior too much...

If i were to be concerned about anything on this car it would be the engine ID. Maybe I'm wrong but i don't think Alfa ever stamped the engine number on the bell housing flange in 1969 (should be below the intake manifold). It's hard to see in the picture but the stamping itself doesn't look like the factory style either. I'm not even sure the number correlates to the body number. If i had to guess I'd say it was a replacement block which came unnumbered from Alfa and someone stamped the number on afterward.

The Brad Davisson Memorial Scholarship Fund:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gprocket; 08-14-2019 at 05:21 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome