Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Make it mandatory to list member location
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:44 AM
ossodiseppia
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by divotandtralee View Post
I am amazed it took This long to bring it to the BofD's attention..
You are assuming that the moderators aren't reading your posts. We are reading them and we have discussed what you posted.

Remember the proverb that goes something like, "you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar"? Posting something like this is more vinegar than honey.

Quote:
I would expect Moderators to play a role other than moderation of language and whatever else they moderate.
It irks me to no end to not know where something is located when something is advertised for sale. Every person that joins the AlfaBB has the right not to share their location, publicly. Most don't post their name in their signature. I consider it a right to privacy thing.

Quote:
very productive.. I got it.. it's clear to me there is no use suggesting something so obviously positive taken as a negative to this group.. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this was controversial ...Sad. It's not a surprise we have more "lurkers' than contributors. Who would think it? Poster noted... Thank you.. that made my day.......
I personally feel that your suggestion is an excellent one. I speak for all of the moderators when I say thank you for the suggestion.

There is no controversy, here. I did not see any replies that would be considered negative. We cannot force someone to list their location. If the field is made mandatory, how are we to know that the person will be honest about their location.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome